
Liverpool Transfer News: Latest on Mario Gotze and Callum Wilson Rumours
Bayern Munich and Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer has encouraged Mario Gotze to join Liverpool this summer.
The Reds have been strongly linked with a move for the Bayern playmaker, with his struggles to break into the first team at the Allianz Arena setting back his development. Beckenbauer thinks a fresh start would be beneficial to Gotze.
“I would, in his place, go to a place where I feel comfortable,” said the 70-year-old, per Sky Deutschland (h/t Lee Thomas-Mason of Metro). “I have the impression that Mario has not felt right in Munich and also has not been understood, so that he could show his full potential. I would in his place go where I am comfortable and follow in the footsteps of Jurgen Klopp.”
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

The Reds boss was in charge of Borussia Dortmund when Gotze burst onto the scene as a teenager, scorching his way around pitches in German football’s top flight.
Here is a reminder of just how good the youngster was during his spell under Klopp at Westfalenstadion:
A move to Munich in the summer of 2013 to work under Pep Guardiola seemed like a switch that’d bring the absolute best out of the player. But it’s not worked out for Gotze at the Allianz Arena, and even with a new manager in Carlo Ancelotti taking over in the summer, you sense a fresh environment could rekindle his spark.
This stat from Squawka Football shows just how effective the playmaker was for BVB:
There would be some small concerns about this deal from a Liverpool perspective. Indeed, Beckenbauer himself said last year Gotze needed to “grow up” if he were to be successful at Bayern, per Sky (h/t Stephan Uersfeld of ESPN FC). You wonder whether spells in and out of the side may have stifled the talent he had at such a young age too.
Even so, the 23-year-old is a gifted player and would add so much to Liverpool in an attacking sense. Plus, if any coach is capable of getting the best from him again, it’s Klopp.
Liverpool to Battle for Callum Wilson

According to the Sunday Express, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur are both keen on Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson.
The 24-year-old missed most of the 2015-16 season with an injury problem, only recently returning to the point of Eddie Howe’s side. However’s it’s said neither Klopp nor Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino has been put off by his fitness problems, with the latter said to see Wilson as a fine foil for Harry Kane.
As these numbers from WhoScored.com illustrate, the Cherries striker is pretty lethal when chances do come his way:
"Callum Wilson: Has a better conversion rate (41.7%) than any other player to score more than 1 goal in the PL this season #AFCB
— WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) January 16, 2016"
There were impressive early signs from Wilson in the Premier League, with a hat-trick at West Ham United a particular highlight. He has all the attributes to thrive at the top level, with a good touch, power and a turn of speed to take him away from defenders. Wilson has made big strides under Howe and will certainly be a player to watch next term.

He’s a huge fan favourite at Bournemouth, as this clip from Bleacher Report’s Jack Lusby shows:
The Reds should approach any deal with caution despite Wilson’s obvious attributes. Players can often be permanently affected by injuries such as the one the striker suffered, so to move for him so soon after his layoff would be a gamble.
Additionally, while he burst onto the scene in the first few games of the campaign, Liverpool would surely want to see just how well the striker fares over the course of an entire term in the top flight before registering a bid.



.jpg)







