
Arsenal Transfer News: Bolton Drop Rob Holding Amid Interest, Top Rumours
Arsenal target Rob Holding was dropped by Bolton Wanderers for the end of the season after club directors decreed the decision because of interest from Arsene Wenger and Premier League clubs.
The Bolton News (h/t Liam Corless of the Mirror) reported interim manager Jimmy Phillips was instructed to leave out the highly rated centre-back by the board after enquiries from Arsenal, Everton and Bournemouth.
The player was omitted to avoid potential injury, which would scupper any big-money move to the Premier League, according to Corless.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Phillips commented on the potential of Holding's exit, per Marc Iles of the Bolton News:
"He was in the line-up on Friday morning but that’s as much as I know.
It would appear some clubs are interested in him somewhere down the line. I think the wheels are still in motion on that one and it’ll be a few days before we get an outcome.
If the deal goes ahead and the money is used to improve the squad as a whole then we can judge then whether it was a positive outcome.
"
The 20-year-old was recently named as Bolton's player of the season, per Corless, as the club crashed out of the Championship into the lower divisions, rooted to the bottom of the table.
Here is a video showing highlights of Holding's strong season and an interview with the defender:
Simon Jones of the Mail Online said Wanderers want £5 million for the talent, but the Gunners "are looking to deal closer to £2 million for a player who has one year left on his contract."
Jones adds Everton and Bournemouth are yet to place a bid as Arsenal move in for the kill in order to tie up a deal.
Reading had a £750,000 offer for Holding rejected in January, according to Jones, with the player making 26 appearances in a breakthrough year. Bolton reportedly took up an option to extend his contract last week, but the youngster is "ready to leave rather than play in League One."

In other news, pundit Graeme Souness believes the Gunners are two signings away from winning the Premier League and has urged Wenger to sign two "finished articles."
The former Liverpool captain said in his column for the Sunday Times (h/t Alex Harris of the Daily Star): "Arsenal are still only two finished articles away from winning the league - provided they’re prepared to spend the money required to get them and they’re available. They need a centre-back to replace Per Mertesacker and a goalscorer - Romelu Lukaku is worth considering."

The Gunners disappointed once again this season when it appeared the title would be theirs after the big guns of the English league failed to compete.
However, despite leading the standings, they were overtaken by Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur despite a return to form by Mesut Ozil.
Mertesacker has been past his best for a number of months, and Wenger's reluctance to strengthen key positions is puzzling.
The Frenchman clearly believes he has a plethora of talent at his disposal and feels he is close to winning the league.
However, Arsenal fans are beginning to become frustrated, especially after the dynamic display of Spurs in recent times, and Wenger will need to swell his squad with quality in the summer in order to fully compete.



.jpg)







