NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥
FILE- In this April 16, 2015, file photo, boxer Terence Crawford looks on during a news conference in Grapevine, Texas. The WBO super lightweight champion is accused of causing $5,000 in damage to a hydraulic lift during a dispute with a body shop owner in Omaha, Neb., according to police report. (AP Photo/LM Otero, file)
FILE- In this April 16, 2015, file photo, boxer Terence Crawford looks on during a news conference in Grapevine, Texas. The WBO super lightweight champion is accused of causing $5,000 in damage to a hydraulic lift during a dispute with a body shop owner in Omaha, Neb., according to police report. (AP Photo/LM Otero, file)LM Otero/Associated Press

Terence Crawford Surrenders to Police on Theft Charges

Tim DanielsApr 22, 2016

WBO super lightweight boxing champion Terence Crawford surrendered to police Friday morning in Omaha, Nebraska, and faces four misdemeanor charges after an incident last week at a local body shop.

WOWT News reported an original felony theft charge in the case was reduced to a misdemeanor. He now faces charges of destruction of property, theft of service, misdemeanor assault and trespass. When asked by the outlet if he wanted to comment while leaving the police station, he replied: "Not at all."

The Associated Press reported Tuesday the boxing star is accused of causing $5,000 in damage at Extreme Custom Fleet and Auto Spa last week after a dispute. Shop owner Michael Nelson told police Crawford owed $1,350 for a paint job on a 1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football

Nelson told the boxer his car wouldn't be removed from the lift until the money was paid. While working with another customer, he alleges Crawford and three other people took the car down, tied a rope to it and left, damaging his hydraulic lift in the process, according to the AP report.

Crawford's attorney called the situation a "personal matter" and declined to provide further comment on the case to WOWT News.

Meanwhile, Dan Rafael of ESPN reported Crawford signed a contract Wednesday for a title unification bout with Viktor Postol in July. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told Rafael there were just "little issues" to figure out before the deal becomes official.

Crawford owns a 28-0 career record with 20 knockouts. His most recent fight was a fifth-round TKO of Hank Lundy in February. Postol is also 28-0 and defeated Lucas Matthysse last October to take control of the vacant WBC super lightweight title.

No further information about the next step in the theft case was immediately announced.

Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals 🔥

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R