UFC 196 is officially in the books.
Nate Diaz upset Conor McGregor in the night's main event, earning the submission victory in Round 2 of their welterweight showdown. McGregor, who jumped from featherweight to welterweight for the bout, retains his title, but the defeat damages his aura, while greatly bolstering Diaz's resume.
Miesha Tate captured the bantamweight title in the evening’s co-main event, submitting Holly Holm with 1:30 remaining in the final round of a bout she was likely losing on the scorecards. Tate becomes the division’s third champion after handing Holm the first loss of her career.
Check out the quick results below for a recap of UFC 196:
UFC 196 Main Card
- Nate Diaz def. Conor McGregor, submission (Round 2, 4:12)
- Miesha Tate def. Holly Holm, submission (Round 5, 3:30)
- Ilir Latifi def. Gian Villante, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Corey Anderson def. Tom Lawlor, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Amanda Nunes def. Valentina Shevchenko, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 29-27)
Prelims on Fox Sports 1
- Siyar Bahadurzada def. Brandon Thatch, submission (Round 3, 4:11)
- Nordine Taleb def. Erick Silva, knockout (Round 2, 1:34)
- Vitor Miranda def. Marcelo Guimaraes, TKO (Round 2, 1:09)
- Darren Elkins def. Chas Skelly, unanimous decision (30-27, 29-27, 30-26)
Prelims on UFC Fight Pass
- Diego Sanchez def. Jim Miller, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Jason Saggo def. Justin Salas, TKO (Round 1, 4:31)
- Teruto Ishihara def. Julian Erosa, knockout (Round 2, 0:34)
For a more thorough account of the action, scroll down to read Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage of the event.