It was a sleepy final day at the 2015 MLB winter meetings.
While stars like Jason Heyward, Johnny Cueto, Yoenis Cespedes and Chris Davis all remain unaccounted for on the free-agent front, the headliners in Nashville included Tony Sipp and Yunel Escobar.
Per Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, the Houston Astros brought back the lefty on a three-year, $18 million deal. Meanwhile, the Washington Nationals shipped Escobar to the Los Angeles Angels, according to Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.
You can find an overview of all the signings, trades and waiver claims from the day below and the results from the major league Rule 5 draft right here.
Signings, trades and waiver claims from today:
- 1B Mark Reynolds signs a one-year, $2.6 million deal with the Rockies, per Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.
- The Padres acquire OF Jabari Blash from the Oakland Athletics as the PTBNL in the Yonder Alonso trade, per the team's Twitter account.
- The Padres acquire RHP Luis Perdomo from the Rockies, per the team's Twitter account.
- LHP Tony Sipp signs a three-year, $18 million deal with the Astros, per Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports.
- RHP Shawn Kelly signs a three-year deal for $15 million to $16 million with the Nationals, per Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.
- The Brewers acquire C Manny Pina from the Tigers as the PTBNL in the Francisco Rodriguez trade, per the team's Twitter account
- The Angels acquire INF Yunel Escobar from the Nationals for RHP Trevor Gott and RHP Michael Brady, per Jon Heyman of CBS Sports and Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times
- RHP Jonathan Broxton signs a two-year, $7.5 million deal with the Cardinals, per Bob Nightengale of USA Today
- The Orioles claim LHP Edgar Olmos off waivers from the Cubs and designate OF Junior Lake for assignment, per the team's Twitter account