
Arsenal Transfer News: Latest on Nolito Rumours, Wojciech Szczesny Return Wanted
Arsenal target Nolito has fuelled rumours of a move away from Celta Vigo after revealing he will not currently sign a new deal with the La Liga club.
Sport quote the former Barcelona player discussing his latest contract situation and proclaiming he is not fully content with the latest deal on the table.
Nolito said:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
"There's one detail that hasn't been solved, and while it's not solved I will not sign. I have three years and a half of my contract and a clause of €18 million.
Everyone speaks about my renewal. We will arrive at January 31 and each time that I spoke with someone they ask me about my renewal. It's tiring. I will renew when I have to renew, when this is solved.
If one day another team wants me, they have to speak to Celta and pay what they have to pay. Nothing more. I want to be calm. No team has called me and not to Celta either.
"
AS (h/t Jamie Sanderson of Metro) claimed Arsenal are ready to pay Nolito's buyout clause, as Barca struggle to raise the funds to move for the 29-year-old. The Blaugrana will now turn their attentions to former Gunners captain Robin van Persie, allowing coach Arsene Wenger to capture the Spanish star.
Will Giles of Metro reported Nolito might have hinted at a move to north London after "liking" a story linking him with a transfer to Arsenal on social media.
The attacker has been in sparkling form this year and continues to be one of La Liga's standout performers since the start of the current campaign.

Nolito has scored seven goals and provided four assists in his 11 appearances in the Spanish top flight in 2015-16, reinforcing his strong reputation, according to WhoScored.com.
The Gunners have a multitude of options in the attacking midfield positions, but the goal threat of Nolito would add value to the squad.
Sport's Lluis Miguelsanz said Barca manager Luis Enrique wants Nolito "at all costs," but Arsenal now appear to firmly lead the race for the left winger.
Szczesny Return On The Cards

Arsenal defender Per Mertesacker has said the team wants Wojciech Szczesny to return to the Emirates Stadium after his loan at Roma is complete.
The German centre-back gave his backing to the goalkeeper, who lost his place to David Ospina last season before the summer arrival of Petr Cech from Chelsea.
Per Darren Lewis of the Mirror, Mertesacker said: “Wojciech wants to compete. I think he’s a good goalkeeper and he can still develop. The team wants him back—that’s good for him. He’s shown great character already in this team and I think he has got a bright future."

The 25-year-old has played 13 games for Roma in Serie A and the Champions League this season, establishing himself at the Stadio Olimpico, per WhoScored.
Whether there is space in Wenger's plans for Szczesny is debatable. The Pole was one of the most highly rated goalkeeping talents in Europe as a teenager, but he failed to stay on the expected development curve.
He continued to make costly mistakes last year, and the opportunity to acquire Cech was always going to see him slip from contention.
Szczesny has little chance of usurping Wenger's new stopper at the Emirates, and his future would be better suited at a new club.



.jpg)







