
Chelsea Transfer News: Latest Charlie Austin Rumours, Willian Contract Revealed
Reported Chelsea target Charlie Austin could be on his way out of Queens Park Rangers—but to Derby County rather than Stamford Bridge.
According to the Sun (h/t the Daily Star's Alex Wood), Chelsea were one of several Premier League clubs interested in the striker last summer, but Austin is now being pursued by Derby with his contract set to expire at the close of the current campaign.
Austin racked up an incredible 18 goals and seven assists in the Premier League last season and has six goals and an assist to his name in 12 Championship appearances this term.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Chelsea are somewhat lacking in firepower beyond Diego Costa with Radamel Falcao and Loic Remy struggling to make an impact at the club.
The Blues have struggled for goals, netting just 16 times in the league thus far—fewer than every team in the top 10, save for Crystal Palace and Liverpool.
The predatory Austin is a clinical finisher and a proven goalscorer at the Premier League level, and his stunning exploits earned him an England call-up last season, so he could make a useful alternative to Costa. However, just one campaign's experience in the top flight is unlikely to see a club like Chelsea gamble on his signature.

Further, the 26-year-old appears committed to staying at Loftus Road. Per Wood, he said:
"I can't see myself leaving in January, because I'm concentrating on playing for QPR. I think I owe it them and my loyalty is with them, to help them and get promoted.
Football is a small career and you have to make the right decisions, the right moves, and if it's right for myself, and my family and the people I bounce the ideas off then I will take on anything.
"
Another player who looks set to stay put is Chelsea midfielder Willian.
It had been reported by Tom Hopkinson of the Sunday People that Chelsea will offer the Brazilian a new deal to keep him at the club in the face of interest from Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich, and the terms of his new contract have now been revealed.
According to the Sun's Mike McGrath (via Metro's Sean Kearns), the midfielder is set to receive £100,000 per week, or £5.2 million per year.

Willian is the only Chelsea player to have met his own high standards this season; the rest have all seriously disappointed, resulting in their current predicament of finding themselves No. 16 in the Premier League.
The 27-year-old is the club's top scorer with five goals in all competitions, each of them from direct free-kicks. BT Sport Football shared the most recent—an exquisite strike against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League:
Spanish football expert Sergi Dominguez shares the belief that Willian is among the club's top performers:
The Brazil international is not only a threat from set-pieces, but is also incredibly creative, as WhoScored.com reveals:
Unlike players such as Eden Hazard and Cesc Fabregas, who have flitted between being anonymous and an actual hindrance to the team, Willian has remained a consistent and reliable performer.
Per Matthew Dunn of the Express, Willian is hoping to achieve the status enjoyed at Stamford Bridge by former legends Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba. He said:
"My hope is to carry on working the same way I am doing right now, and maybe in the future I would like to be recognised by the Chelsea supporters as one of those leaders.
Becoming a key player is an obligation for me. I am at a stage in my career, 27, where you can reach the peak. The best time for players should be between 27 and 30.
"
If he can maintain his current form, he could well earn such a reputation.
Though he is already contracted until 2018, per Transfermarkt, the move is a wise one as losing such an important player would naturally have a significant impact on Chelsea's ability to compete in the Premier League—not to mention strengthen one of their Champions League rivals.



.jpg)







