NFL
HomeScoresDraftRumorsFantasyB/R 99: Top QBs of All Time
Featured Video
EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌
Nov 5, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Suspended NFL running back Ray Rice arrives with his wife, Janay Rice for his appeal hearing on his indefinite suspension from the NFL. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY
Nov 5, 2014; New York, NY, USA; Suspended NFL running back Ray Rice arrives with his wife, Janay Rice for his appeal hearing on his indefinite suspension from the NFL. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAYBrad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Ray Rice Interviewed by ESPN After Photos Released of Alleged Greg Hardy DV Case

Timothy RappNov 8, 2015

Former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice spoke with Hannah Storm during SportsCenter on Sunday morning about Greg Hardy and the images that were released of Hardy's former girlfriend, Nicole Holder, after she was allegedly assaulted by the Dallas Cowboys defensive end.

"It really shouldn't take photos or anything to understand the severity of domestic violence," Rice said. "It happens every eight seconds as we speak. It does continue to raise awareness. It's just a tough deal that sometimes it takes a visual and photos for the severity of it to be known. My deepest condolences go out to the survivors of domestic violence."

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football

Rice also talked about how the issue relates to him.

"I'm only in a position to speak about myself and focus on my situation because every situation is different, but I totally understand that what my visuals did and the effect it had on society and the survivors of domestic violence," he said. "So for me to never be forgiven, I understand those things and I totally take full responsibility for my actions."

On Friday, Deadspin's Diana Moskovitz wrote an in-depth article about the Hardy assault case that included graphic images of the injuries Holder suffered. Hardy was found guilty of assaulting Holder in July 2014, though the charges were later dismissed after she failed to appear at an appeal hearing.

Hardy tweeted the following after the Deadspin story surfaced:

Hardy signed with the Cowboys this offseason and served a four-game suspension after his initial 10-game ban was reduced.

Rice was cut by the Baltimore Ravens after TMZ published video of him striking his then-fiancee Janay Palmer in an elevator in September 2014. Rice has acknowledged the mistakes he made on that night and has continued to speak out against domestic violence since then. 

He has not received interest from NFL teams and remains out of the league. 

EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football
Packers Bears Football

TRENDING ON B/R