
Manchester United Transfer News: Latest on Edinson Cavani, Pedro Rumours
Manchester United will have to expand their search beyond Edinson Cavani if they are to bolster their options at the sharp end of the pitch, with the Paris Saint-Germain striker insisting he is fully committed to the French giants.
Earlier this summer, Jamie Jackson of the Guardian claimed that the Uruguayan was the Red Devils’ top target to replace the departed Robin van Persie. But speaking with L’Equipe (h/t Chisanga Malata of the Daily Star), the striker reaffirmed his desire to stay in Paris:
"A lot of things have been said about my situation, but all I can say is that the club knows how I feel and what my goals are.
I have a contract with PSG and I have to respect that. I am feeling very well in Paris. I am happy here. I have the same goals as the club and I want to score goals. I want to have a great season and help the team forward. I am 100 per cent dedicated to the team.
"

Cavani is a player who would have added plenty to United’s offensive forays. Not only is the former Napoli man dynamic and industrious, he has a silky touch, is adaptable and possesses superb movement to get into goalscoring positions.
As we can see here, courtesy of WhoScored.com, it’s no surprise he scores a lot of tap-ins:
But in the same breath, Cavani can also be pretty profligate in front of goal:
For United, there are probably better value-for-money options on the continent. Cavani is a key part of the PSG setup, and given the Ligue 1 champions have no need to sell, prising him away from the Parc des Princes would have been a pricey piece of business.
In addition, would Cavani have dislodged Wayne Rooney as the main striker? It seems unlikely, and as the Uruguay international mentions himself in the L’Equipe piece, he’s at his best as a centre-forward, not shunted out to a wide position.
United Agree Pedro Deal

According to Jack De Menezes of the Independent, Marca have said it’s a case of “when rather than if” Manchester United complete a deal to sign Barcelona winger Pedro.
As noted by the piece, with Angel Di Maria closing in on a move to PSG, the Red Devils are on the hunt for some extra attacking options. Pedro is the man Louis van Gaal seems to have opted for, with De Menezes stating a £22 million deal is in the pipeline.

Bleacher Report’s Andy Brassell took a look at whether the Spanish international will be a better fit at Old Trafford than the former Real Madrid man:
But according to the report, the Catalans will not cash in until after the UEFA Super Cup, as manager Luis Enrique has doubts over whether Lionel Messi or Neymar will be fit for the clash with Sevilla on August 11. It means Pedro would also have the chance to lift silverware in what would be his final appearance for the club.

Bleacher Report’s Rob Blanchette thinks the 28-year-old will relish working under United boss Louis van Gaal:
The winger certainly looks like a player who could do with a fresh start. Pedro has fallen well out of favour at the Camp Nou behind the likes of Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar, after all. While he is a player who's been schooled by La Masia and won myriad honours with the team, he’ll be acutely aware he needs to start playing games.
At Old Trafford, you suspect he will. Pedro will bring an incisive, skilful edge to the United flanks, as well as a nose for scoring important goals. Van Gaal recently declared he wants a player with “speed” and “creativity,” per BBC Sport; the Barcelona man will add that in spades.











.jpg)
.png)

.png)