NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
🚨 Knicks Up 3-0 vs. Cavs
Credit: WWE.com

Finn Balor, Eva Marie and Latest WWE NXT Developmental News

Ryan DilbertJul 22, 2015

Opportunity is at the heart of WWE's NXT discussions surrounding new champ Finn Balor and Total Divas star Eva Marie.

A Superstar who has long been a staple of the main roster has possibly leaked word of the Irishman's next move. It's not surprising in the least to hear that WWE has upward plans for Balor, but it's exciting to hear it from someone within the industry.

In Eva's case, she had her first tastes of the NXT experience. She's been promising to start competing with the women at NXT, and it looks as if the reality star's tenure in WWE's developmental brand is beginning in earnest.

In other NXT news, a star from Japan is on his way, NXT will be slugging it out with Ring of Honor and the latest set of TV tapings featured two unexpected faces.

Jushin Liger to Wrestle at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn

1 of 5

In addition to the usual cast of NXT stars, the next TakeOver show will feature an international legend: Jushin "Thunder" Liger. As WWE announced on its official website, Liger will compete in Brooklyn, New York, at the next NXT live special.

This welcome surprise gives the event more of a must-see feel.

Liger's only other appearance for WWE was at the 1990 WWF/All Japan Pro Wrestling/New Japan Pro Wrestling Supershow in Tokyo. This time out, he joins the list of special guests that NXT has welcomed, helping WWE to reach out to the diehard fans. 

PWInsider's Mike Johnson added,"WWE is thrilled with the ticket sales for NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, and there's talk within the company that it's entirely possible they could be sold out in advance."

Randy Orton Possibly Spoils Upcoming Call-Up

2 of 5

Often, when looking for inside information, WWE fans seek out Mike Johnson of PWInsider and Dave Meltzer, who runs the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Randy Orton may have provided the scoop this time.

In an interview before Battleground, when asked which NXT guys he'd like to face, Orton told St. Louis Baseball Weekly, "Finn Balor, I know he's going to make his debut soon."

That's not a shocker of a revelation, even with Balor winning the NXT title at Beast in the East. Balor has long been ready to ascend to the main roster. The Viper has confirmed what most fans were thinking.

Still, it's comforting to hear, at least from what Orton has said, that Balor won't be stuck at NXT for a long stretch. 

Eva Marie Works NXT Events

3 of 5

Eva Marie's debut on NXT is becoming a reality. She has been telling us that she's coming to Full Sail University to join the buzzing women's division.

And now it's clear that she wasn't just blowing hot air. 

According to CageMatch.net (note: link contains spoilers), Eva competed at two recent NXT house shows, losing to Bayley both times. Expect her to be on NXT TV soon as well. With Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch and Charlotte all on the main roster, there's a gap in the division that needs to be filled.

Eva's is not a name most would expect hear playing that role, but it looks as if the next step of her journey, after working privately with Brian Kendrick, is seeing if she can win over an NXT audience that has so far jeered her with great passion.

TOP NEWS

Saturday Night Main Event Live Grades 🔠

Real SNME Winners & Losers 📊

SmackDown Before SNME 🔠

NXT Going Head-to-Head with Ring of Honor

4 of 5

It won't just be the wrestlers on the card who are in for a battle during upcoming NXT shows. WWE's developmental brand is again putting on an event in the same town on the same night as Ring of Honor.

Just like in Brooklyn, New York, at the next TakeOver event, WWE has booked its next trip outside of Florida in the city just where ROH is headed. As noted by PWInsider's Paul Jordan, "NXT and Ring of Honor will be going head-to-head in San Antonio, Texas, on September 19, as both brands will be promoting events."

That sure looks like the company is trying to win over the diehard fans who often prefer the grittier ROH to WWE. It's an oddly antagonistic move. It's not as if ROH is a threat.

Why force wrestling fans to choose? Even those who most proudly wave the ROH flag would potentially just buy tickets to both events.

Other News, Notes

5 of 5

When watching the next few episodes of NXT, fans are set to see some faces they may recognize.

Both former TNA star Jesse Sorensen and WWE developmental prospect Martin Stone (Danny Burch) wrestled at Full Sail University. Sorensen worked Thursday's TV tapings, as did Stone, according to ProFightDB.com (link contains spoilers).

There's no word on whether either man has signed up for anything beyond a one-time appearance.

On the latest Tough Enough, fans made a surprising choice. They ousted Patrick Clark, who many considered one of the favorites to win the whole thing. Though the audience voted him out, Patrick does have his fans.

On Facebook, Mick Foley wrote, "Patrick was the real deal, and now he's gone...along with this particular viewer."

The Rock's cousin, Lina Fanene, possibly teased her debut. She tweeted, "Beware...I am coming for you." Whether that's just typical wrestler talk or if she's referring to making her way on screen, we'll soon see.

🚨 Knicks Up 3-0 vs. Cavs

TOP NEWS

Saturday Night Main Event Live Grades 🔠

Real SNME Winners & Losers 📊

SmackDown Before SNME 🔠

Pro-Wrestling NOAH - GREAT MUTA FINAL "BYE-BYE"

BS Meter on Latest Wrestling Rumors 🌡️

WWE Backlash

The Vision Retain Tag Titles 🏆

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report19h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R