.jpg)
Pete Carroll Takes Blame for Raiders' Loss to Commanders, 'I'm Disappointed in Myself'
After a demoralizing 41-24 loss to the Washington Commanders on Sunday, Las Vegas Raiders head coach Pete Carroll couldn't hide his dejection.
Per ESPN's Ryan McFadden, Carroll shouldered the blame for the Raiders' second loss of the season, saying that he didn't have the team properly prepared for a smash-mouth game.
"It's not scheme-wise, it's just physically, I think I didn't get them right," Carroll said. "I'm disappointed in myself that I didn't see it coming."
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
The Commanders were playing without star quarterback Jayden Daniels while he recovers from a knee sprain, so they turned to the rushing attack in Sunday's game. Washington racked up a total of 201 yards and three touchdowns on the ground against a Las Vegas team that had previously allowed just 3.2 yards per carry, which was the fourth-best mark in the league.
The Raiders' defense wasn't the only culprit in Sunday's loss. While veteran quarterback Geno Smith threw three touchdown passes, he was forced to evade pressure time and time again and was sacked five times. Even special teams was a disappointment for Las Vegas, as the team allowed a combined 245 yards on punt and kick returns.
"That's just not the football we play," Carroll said. "...If you give up big plays, you're no good, and we were no good today."
Carroll will try to get the Raiders back on track when they return home to host the Chicago Bears in Week 4.

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)