NFL
HomeScoresDraftRumorsFantasyB/R 99: Top QBs of All Time
Featured Video
EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌
Vikings Bears Football
AP Photo

Jason Kelce Predicts Eagles' Tush Push Will Be Banned After 2025 NFL Season

Andrew PetersSep 18, 2025

The Philadelphia Eagles' tush push survived a vote by NFL owners this offseason, but former Eagles star Jason Kelce believes that play is on its way out.

On 94 WIP, Kelce said he thinks the Eagles' signature play will be banned after the 2025 season.

"I think the play is done," Kelce said. "I think the play was gonna be done last year. I think that there's a lot of people within the league at multiple levels who want the play to be gone, which is fine. I think we'll still go back to running quarterback sneak and I'm sure they'll figure out ways to be successful. I'm not really that concerned with it, to be very candid."

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football

The Green Bay Packers proposed a ban on the tush push last offseason, but NFL owners voted against the rule change in May. The ban needed 24 votes to pass, but received just 22.

While the Eagles' success on the tush push was certainly a motivator to get the play banned, there were also some safety concerns. Kelce argues that it isn't the dangerous play some make it out to be.

"As someone who ran the play, I do not think it exposes you to much risk because there's not enough momentum, everybody knows what's coming, there's no surprise," Kelce said. "I actually think you are higher to get hurt, as an offensive lineman especially, on a regular short-yardage play."

The Eagles, who picked up four first downs and a touchdown using the push against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, will continue utilizing their signature play for the remainder of the season, but it won't be a surprise if owners decide to vote on it again this offseason.

EPIC NFL Thanksgiving Slate 🙌

TOP NEWS

Colts Jaguars Football
Rams Seahawks Football
Mississippi Football
Packers Bears Football

TRENDING ON B/R