
Jose Altuve Injury: Updates on Astros 2B's Hamstring and Return
All-Star second baseman Jose Altuve has been the catalyst behind the Houston Astros' surprising start to the 2015 season. After missing four consecutive games as a result of reaggravating his right hamstring, he returned to the starting lineup on June 22, confirmed Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
McTaggart previously reported Altuve completed agility drills on June 21.
"Altuve said he doesn't feel any discomfort in his hamstring," noted McTaggart, who continued with an additional statement:
TOP NEWS

Assessing Every MLB Team's Development System ⚾
.png)
10 Scorching MLB Takes 🌶️

Yankees Call Up 6'7" Prospect 📈
"Altuve wouldn't say for sure he would play Monday, but all signs point in that direction. 'I don't want to say something and not do it,' he said. 'It's their decision. They've been great to me, you know. The coaching staff and trainers are doing a really good job and I want to let them do their job rather than hurry up with something, but whatever they decide to do I'll be ready.'
"
The hamstring injury isn't new. However, Altuve added after the June 17 game, per Evan Drellich of the Houston Chronicle, "I didn't make it worse. I didn't reinjure it." He previously missed three games with the hamstring injury.
Altuve is hitting .287 with five home runs, 29 RBI and 17 stolen bases on the season. While he hasn't quite lived up to the .341 batting average he posted last year, his power production has been up, and he has been the driving force behind Houston's success.
The Astros boast several good young hitters, such as George Springer and Carlos Correa, but Altuve is the straw that stirs the drink.
Follow @MikeChiari on Twitter






