UFC 188 is now in the books.
Fabricio Werdum defeated Cain Velasquez in the show's main event, staking his claim to the undisputed heavyweight title. He battered Velasquez on the feet before finishing with a guillotine choke on the mat.
Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez settled a long-brewing rivalry in the evening’s co-main event. Alvarez overcame a slow start to earn a split decision nod that marks his first UFC victory.
Check out the quick results below for a recap of UFC 188.
UFC 188 Main Card (10 p.m. ET)
- Fabricio Werdum def. Cain Velasquez, submission (Round 3, 2:13)
- Eddie Alvarez def. Gilbert Melendez, split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Kelvin Gastelum def. Nate Marquardt, TKO (Round 2, 5:00)
- Yair Rodriguez def. Charles Rosa, split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Tecia Torres def. Angela Hill, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Prelims on FX (8 p.m. ET)
- Henry Cejudo def. Chico Camus, unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Efrain Escudero def. Drew Dober, submission (Round 1, 0:54)
- Patrick Williams def. Alejandro Perez, submission (Round 1, 0:23)
- Johnny Case def. Francisco Trevino, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Prelims on UFC Fight Pass (7 p.m. ET)
- Cathal Pendred def. Augusto Montano, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Gabriel Benitez def. Clay Collard, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
For a more thorough account of UFC 188 scroll down to read Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage of the full event.