
Real Madrid Transfer News: Latest on Cristiano Ronaldo, David De Gea Rumours
New Real Madrid boss Rafa Benitez will begin his first season with Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Raphael Varane at the Bernabeu, according to Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.
Sport (in Spanish) previously suggested Ronaldo is "ready to leave" the club, amplifying suggestions by the Daily Star (h/t George Bellshaw of Metro) that he could return to Manchester United.
Cuatro and El Mundo Deportivo (h/t Ben Jefferson of the Express) indicate the Red Devils have made a £110 million bid for Bale and Varane, but Balague believes all will remain with La Liga's giants.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

However, he suggested Madrid's pursuit of United stopper David De Gea is a priority for Benitez:
Sport Witness surmised that United want to keep Madrid guessing:
Incidentally, Madrid confirmed Benitez as Carlo Ancelotti's replacement on Wednesday:
Sport's article previously indicated Ronaldo "isn't convinced" by Benitez's appointment. John Cross of the Mirror believes Benitez has "promised" to shape his team around Bale by pushing him into "a more central role," a change which is likely to affect Ronaldo's play.

However, Balague's comments will put the minds of many at rest. It's extremely unlikely Benitez would want to lose any of his key players during his first year in charge, particularly as he's been brought in to return Madrid to the summit of European football. Like so many before him, Benitez will likely be axed if he fails to quickly land success.
Replacing Iker Casillas, who endured a poor season, could be key to helping Madrid regain their taste for silverware. Jeremy Cross of the Daily Star believes De Gea "has said his goodbyes to United staff and told the Spanish giants he will be coming to the Bernabeu this summer," which doesn't look particularly healthy for Casillas' prospects.
De Gea's likely departure is reinforced by Neil Custis of the Sun:
Cross' report for the Star suggests United "will now be bracing themselves for an opening bid of around £20 million."
This is a cheap price for one of the world's best goalkeepers, but De Gea's value has dropped due to him heading toward the final year of his current deal at Old Trafford. He is available to leave on a free at the end of next season, so United may be willing to accept a cut-price fee as his final 12 months at the club tick down.

Jamie Anderson of the Daily Star previously reported Benitez would opt to sign Bayern Munich goalkeeper Pepe Reina as Casillas' cover. The pair worked together in Italy with Napoli and also in England with Liverpool, but he doesn't offer an upgrade on substitute 'keeper Keylor Navas. De Gea would arrive with the credentials to instantly hold down a first-team spot.
Ronaldo, Bale, Varane and De Gea will continue to make headlines throughout the summer. They are all terrific players in their own right, the kind of match-winners who can lead Benitez's first season under the watchful eye of Madrid president Florentino Perez.



.jpg)







