UFC 187 is now in the books.
Daniel Cormier claimed the vacant light heavyweight title in the night's main event. He weathered an early storm from Anthony Johnson and took over, eventually finishing his opponent in the third frame.
In the co-main event, Chris Weidman defended his middleweight strap, taking out Vitor Belfort in under three minutes. The champion overcame some dicey moments early on to preserve his perfect record and retain to place atop the mountain at 185.
Check out the quick results below for a recap of each UFC 187 fight:
UFC 187 Main Card
- Daniel Cormier def. Anthony Johnson, submission (Round 3, 2:39)
- Chris Weidman def. Vitor Belfort, TKO (Round 1, 2:53)
- Donald Cerrone def. John Makdessi, TKO (Round 2, 4:44)
- Andrei Arlovski def. Travis Browne, TKO (Round 1, 4:41)
- Joseph Benavidez def. John Moraga, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Prelims on Fox Sports 1
- John Dodson def. Zach Makovsky, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Dong Hyun Kim def. Josh Burkman, submission (Round 3, 2:13)
- Rafael Natal def. Uriah Hall, split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Rose Namajunas vs. Nina Ansaroff—CANCELLED
Prelims on UFC Fight Pass
- Colby Covington def. Mike Pyle, unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Islam Makhachev def. Leo Kuntz, submission (Round 2, 2:38)
- Justin Scoggins def. Josh Sampo, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
For a more thorough description of the event scroll down to read Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage of the entire fight card.