UFC Fight Night 62 is now in the books.
Demian Maia prevailed in the main event of the evening, grinding out a torturous decision win over Ryan LaFlare. The Brazilian submission specialist dominated the wrestling and grappling theaters of battle, controlling the action and maintaining dominant positioning throughout.
In the night’s co-main event Erick Silva defeated Josh Koscheck, in what was the original Ultimate Fighter villain’s fifth straight defeat. Whereas the win should propel Silva into a meaningful fight at 170, it could also mark the end of the road for Koscheck.
The full results from UFC Fight Night 62 are as follows:
UFC Fight Night 62 Main Card
- Demian Maia def. Ryan LaFlare, unanimous decision (48-46, 48-46, 48-46)
- Erick Silva def. Josh Koscheck, submission (Round 1, 4:21)
- Leonardo Santos def. Tony Martin, submission (Round 2, 2:29)
- Amanda Nunes def. Shayna Baszler, TKO (Round 1, 1:56)
- Gilbert Burns def. Alex Oliveira, submission (Round 3, 4:14)
- Godofredo Pepey def. Andre Fili, submission (Round 1, 3:14)
Fox Sports 2 Prelims
- Francisco Trinaldo def. Akbarh Arreola, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Kevin Souza def. Katsunori Kikuno, knockout (Round 1, 1:31)
- Leandro Silva def. Drew Dober, submission (Round 2, 2:45)
- Leonardo Mafra def. Cain Carrizosa, unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-27)
Fight Pass Prelims
- Christos Giagos def. Jorge de Oliveira, submission (Round 1, 3:12)
- Fredy Serrano def. Bentley Syler, knockout (Round 3, 1:34)
For a thorough account of each UFC Fight Night 62 bout checkout Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage below.