
Chelsea Transfer News: Lionel Messi Sparks New Rumours, Raphael Varane Bid Eyed
Lionel Messi's decision to visit Cesc Fabregas in London has fuelled new rumours the Barcelona man could end up at Chelsea.
As reported by Tom Sheen of the London Evening Standard, Leo has been enjoying a little time off:
"Lionel Messi is currently in London and has been spending a huge amount of time with best friend Cesc Fabregas.
The former team-mates were last night pictured leaving an exclusive Mayfair casino and continued their bonding session today at west London department store Harrods.
"
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Sheen suggests former Blaugrana midfielder Deco joined the pair for dinner. He also indicates Messi's partner Antonella Rocuzzo is friends with Fabregas' partner Daniella Semaan, most likely another reason the two couples decided to meet.
Spotting the former Barcelona team-mates together can only lead to one thing, however. "Messi's decision to join Fabregas has seen the rumours of the Argentina superstar leaving the Nou Camp resurface," per Sheen. Messi was previously linked with a transfer to the Premier League in January, a month which saw him kick-start a terrific bout of form for the Blaugrana.
The 27-year-old maestro has scored 17 and assisted nine in 16 matches since returning from the winter break, per WhoScored.com. This includes three hat-tricks, with the most recent pushing Messi to a new landmark, tweeted by Sky Sports:
He continues to lead Luis Enrique's side and remains Barca's most important player in what could turn out to be an extremely fruitful end to the season.
The Catalan club are now top of La Liga after taking advantage of Real Madrid's slip against Athletic Bilbao, while they have a Copa del Rey final clash against the Basque side to look forward to. Enrique's men also hold a 2-1 first-leg lead in the Champions League round of 16 against Manchester City to keep their European hopes building.

Chelsea's prospects are healthy; Jose Mourinho's men are five points clear atop the Premier League and remain in Europe. Like Barca, they possess a remarkably well-rounded squad who can compete with any side on the continent. They are also set for an era of dominance in England with Mourinho utilising a variation of world-class players and young stars to give the Blues an exciting, resilient style.
Such a combination continues to link the side to Madrid's Raphael Varane, who is said to be a "priority" signing by Fichajes (h/t Jamie Sanderson of the Metro).
Sanderson's article outlines a potential £39.4 million bid, with Manchester United also said to be interested in his services. Mourinho could partner Varane alongside Kurt Zouma, "the best two young central defenders in the world," according to the Portuguese boss, reported by Ben Jefferson of the Express.

Madrid may need the funds if they are to launch a bid for Juventus starlet Paul Pogba. Fichajes (h/t Jamie Anderson of the Daily Star) reports that Los Blancos "have negotiated a secret deal" for the French midfielder. With this in mind, Anderson suggests Chelsea "face an uphill battle" to lure the former United man to Stamford Bridge.
Pogba scored an excellent winner against Sassuolo on Monday, highlighted by Football Stuff:
Chelsea fans can expect to see many world-class players linked with a move to the club as the summer approaches. The side's dominance and financial prowess ensures they can attract most superstars, but it's unlikely Messi's visit to London will turn into anything permanent.
Both Varane and Pogba represent outside shouts, but Mourinho would likely have to match any incomings with a player through the exit. Chelsea are working hard to satisfy UEFA's Financial Fair Play rules, so a signing of this size would likely see the recent one-in-one-out policy continued.



.jpg)







