
Justin Blackmon: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Jaguars WR's Future
Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon missed the entire 2014 NFL season due to suspension, but could be nearing a return soon. Owner Shad Khan has told reporters he would 'welcome' the talented wideout back.
Continue for updates.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell Comments on Blackmon
Friday, Feb. 20
Darin Gantt of Pro Football Talk reported Caldwell's take on Blackmon's progress:
"“It’s currently in the league’s hands and it’s in Justin’s hands, to be honest with you,” Caldwell said. “The reports I’ve gotten second-hand is that he’s doing the right things and engaging in the program and he’s really trying to make positive strides in his life. Our thoughts are with him.
“We’ll welcome him back if he does all the right things and hopefully the league shows some urgency in trying to focus on him and he shows some urgency in trying to do the right things. Right now, those reports are positive.”
"
Blackmon Still Must Satisfy Drug Program Criteria, Khan Comments
Thursday, Feb. 5
NFL Network's Albert Breer broke down some of the steps Blackmon must still complete in order to be reinstated by the league:
Earlier on Thursday, Jaguars owner Shad Khan discussed the potential return of Justin Blackmon, according to Ryan O'Halloran of the Florida Times-Union:
"*On if he would welcome back suspended receiver Justin Blackmon if he’s reinstated:
“Absolutely. As a matter of fact, I’m very optimistic. I think he’s paid his dues. I think he’s got his life together. I think he can be a role model for people who have gone through hard times. We’re waiting for him.”
"
Blackmon's Suspension May be Nearing Conclusion
Monday, Jan. 26
Justin Blackmon's NFL exile may be nearing its conclusion.
The Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver missed all of the 2014 NFL season after being suspended, but according to Fox Sports' Alex Marvez, the overwhelming feeling in NFL circles is that he'll be available when the 2015 season kicks off:
The Jaguars announced in November 2013 that Blackmon was suspended indefinitely following a violation of the league's substance-abuse policy. In October 2014, head coach Gus Bradley told The Associated Press that Blackmon had checked into a treatment facility.
"He's healing and taking time for himself," Bradley said at the time, via ESPN.com. "The great thing is he has chosen this for himself. It's awesome to hear about."
Yahoo Sports' Brad Evans thinks Blackmon could be in for a nice rebound in 2015:
Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com provided specific details about the league's reinstatement procedure, including the requirements for the substance abuse policy:
"A player must formally apply in writing no sooner than 60 days before the one-year anniversary day of the letter he received from the NFL notifying him he was suspended. In Blackmon’s case, he was suspended on Nov. 1, 2013.
In the player’s application he must include information about his treatment, abstinence from substance abuse throughout the entire suspension, involvement in any substance-abuse related incidences, and arrest and/or convictions for any criminal activity (including substance-abuse related offenses).
"
Bleacher Report's Bryn Swartz added that the Jaguars could be loaded at wide receiver next year if Blackmon does get on the field:
The 25-year-old has appeared in 20 games for Jacksonville since getting drafted fifth overall in 2012. During that time, he caught 93 passes for 1,280 yards and six touchdowns.
Adding Blackmon would certainly help speed Blake Bortles' progression along in 2015.

.png)





