
Lucas Silva to Real Madrid: Latest Transfer News and Rumours on Cruzeiro Star
Lucas Silva is finally set to become a Real Madrid player after the club confirmed the move on its website:
"Real Madrid C. F. and Cruzeiro Esporte Clube have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Lucas Silva, who will be tied to the club until 30 June 2020.
"
The player will be unveiled on Monday 26 January at 1pm CET in the Santiago Bernabéu presidential box, after undergoing the relevant medical examination.
"There was nothing else we could do," said the Brazilian chief, per De La Rosa. "There comes a time when the player wants to leave because their agent is putting on pressure with the high salaries they're paid Europe."
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩

Silva is a hard-tackling midfielder who flaunts a decent range of passing. He has the natural confidence to drive him to success in Europe and could become an important member of Carlo Ancelotti's squad, particularly if Asier Illarramendi is sold.
De La Rosa believes Athletic Bilbao's bid for the player "sped up" Silva's agreement, which was reportedly concluded on Wednesday.
Silva can slot into the Spanish midfielder's role with little hassle. The 21-year-old wouldn't be expected to contribute massively during the opening stages of his Los Blancos tenure and could be deployed in rotational phases of play for Ancelotti.
You can view Silva's qualities below:
Miguel Vieira, the player's father, previously suggested he would prefer his son to move during the summer in order to receive greater time to settle in. "The objective for Lucas and at the same time for his family is that he moves in six months or so," noted Vieira in December, per De La Rosa.
It seems Silva will be plunged into the deep end, however, particularly if Illarramendi's prospective move goes through. The seemingly unwanted midfielder, however, recently suggested he wishes to stay and hasn't heard anything about Silva's arrival, per Joe Wright of Goal:
"Today, the club has not said anything about my departure. I want to stay at Real Madrid. I'm very happy at this club and in this city. I'm only looking towards this Saturday's game. Lucas Silva? I don't know anything about him, the club have not told me anything.
"

Illarramendi has just six starts to his name across all competitions this season, per WhoScored. It's unlikely Silva will appear in the senior team more regularly, but ensuring cover is secured remains vital due to Luka Modric's current injury problems.
Madrid are top of La Liga and expected to make a serious push to retain their Champions League crown. Ancelotti cannot afford to let squad members leave without filling their role with another talented star, as highlighted when Silva's likely deal is announced.
The turnover won't affect Madrid's squad or prospects too heavily. It will, however, be interesting to see whether Silva makes a positive impression during his early moments at the club.



.jpg)







