
Jim Kelly's Latest Scans Reveal No Evidence of Cancer: Latest Details, Reaction
Despite a bout with MRSA and other health problems in recent months, Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly is still cancer-free. His wife, Jill, took to Instagram on Wednesday to give an update on Kelly's condition, saying the former Buffalo Bills star won't have another scan until April.
"A picture worth 1000 words," Jill Kelly wrote. "Dr. C walks in with a big hug and these words, "There's no evidence of cancer." THANK YOU GOD!!! Again...Thank you so much for praying for Jim's continued healing! His next scan will not be until April. Ahhhhh....SO THANKFUL!! #Godisgood #prayer #KELLYTOUGH"
Kelly, 54, was declared cancer-free in September after his second bout with jaw cancer. He was first diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in 2013 and underwent surgery that was initially believed to have removed the cancer. He had a recurrence last year and underwent chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
While doctors announced his remission last fall, Kelly was back in a doctor's office soon after with pain in his jaw caused by an MRSA infection.
“I came down with MRSA,” Kelly told Henry Davis of The Buffalo News. “I was cleared in September of the cancer – I have another MRI in two weeks. The toughest part for me was I was almost ready to take out my feeding tube, I was feeling good and they said they need to do some biopsies. Those 12 biopsies put me back so far.”
By Thanksgiving, doctors were able to rid Kelly of the MRSA infection and get him back to eating whole foods. Wednesday's visit that again declared Kelly cancer free should allow the five-time Pro Bowler to hit the ground running on his road to recovery in 2015.
Follow Tyler Conway (@tylerconway22) on Twitter

.png)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)