NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢
Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Milan Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 19

Anthony LopopoloJan 19, 2015

The revolving door at AC Milan is swinging this January.

The Rossoneri have made a goal of acquiring players only after moving others, keeping in line with CEO Adriano Galliani's main mantra.

If some leave, then others will arrive.

Milan accelerated a deal with Liverpool to get Spanish midfielder Suso this month, but only after the club sent Riccardo Saponara on loan to Empoli

A similar switch happened two weeks ago, when Milan swapped Fernando Torres with Alessio Cerci.

Milan could now add a player or two to replace those injured, notably defenders Cristian Zapata and Mattia De Sciglio. According to reports in Italy, a new full-back may also be an option.

Here are the week's moves and rumours. 

Suso Arrives

1 of 3

AC Milan confirmed the deal for Suso at the weekend after several months of waiting.

The Rossoneri had already agreed to terms with the 21-year-old, as he was an impending free agent. To expedite the move, Milan paid Liverpool a "nominal fee," per Football Italia.

Suso only made 21 appearances for the Reds, where he was developed.

This week, he told Marca (h/t Football Italia) that he was not satisfied with his situation at Anfield.

"I arrived at Liverpool as a kid and I learned so much," he said. "But I noticed they didn’t have much faith in me."

"

.@suso30oficial just landed in Milano! Suso chose to wear jersey #8 #weareacmilan pic.twitter.com/cuuYpTrnzI

— AC Milan (@acmilan) January 19, 2015"

"Milan are offering me everything I need," he added.

The Spanish midfielder will take the No. 8 jersey, which was vacated by Riccardo Saponara. 

Riccardo Saponara Back at Empoli

2 of 3

Riccardo Saponara has returned to Empoli.

Milan sent the 23-year-old on loan to his old club with an option to buy, according to the Tuscan outfit (h/t Football Italia). 

Saponara played just once under coach Filippo Inzaghi. The Rossoneri had acquired half of his rights in 2013 and later brought him to the first team.

"Saponara is certainly a player that fits in with the policy of focusing on youth that Milan are taking," Galliani told Sky Italia at the time (h/t ESPNFC).

"

Saponara has been sent to Empoli on loan with an option to buy. I hope he excels there. Young Italian players like him need to develop. -faz

— AC Milan Club NYC (@ACMilanNYC) January 16, 2015"

The Italian midfielder played for Empoli between 2010 and 2013. He scored 13 goals in Serie B during the 2012-13 season. 

Milan After Guilherme Siqueira

3 of 3

Milan have tabled an official bid for Atletico Madrid full-back Guilherme Siqueira, according to Calciomercato.com (h/t Football Italia).

An initial bid of €7 million was rejected, as Atletico currently rate the Brazilian at €10 million.

With Mattia De Sciglio potentially out for two months with a foot injury, Siqueira could provide cover. 

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
Mbappé's Rollercoaster Season 🎢

TOP NEWS

Real Madrid CF v Girona FC - LaLiga EA Sports
Real Betis V Real Madrid - Laliga Ea Sports
United States v Japan - International Friendly
FIFA World Cup 2026 Venues - New York New Jersey Stadium

TRENDING ON B/R