
Manchester United Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 19
Manchester United got back to winning ways at Loftus Road after beating QPR on Saturday.
However, it was not all plain sailing for the Red Devils, with David de Gea once again making some exceptional saves to keep the Hoops out.
Goals from Marouane Fellaini and James Wilson grabbed all the points for the Old Trafford giants, but there are still questions surrounding United's first team and defence.
If Louis van Gaal wishes to address the issues in his squad, he now only has a matter of days before the January transfer window shuts.
Here, we review some of the business the Dutchman might be doing in the next couple of weeks.
Last updated: Friday, January 23.
United to Battle Real Madrid for the "New Ronaldo"
1 of 6Friday, January 23
Manchester United will fight Real Madrid for the capture of AC Milan's teenage sensation Hachim Mastour.
Jamie Anderson of the Express cites Italian radio station Cope Deportes confirming the Galacticos will move for the 16-year-old, who is high on Louis van Gaal's wish list.
The attacking midfielder has both been dubbed the "Moroccan Messi" and the "New Ronaldo" after the San Siro giants signed the then 14-year-old for a huge £400,000 fee in 2012, per Anderson.
The youngster rose to prominence last year after a video of him battling Neymar in a skills contest was viewed over five million times on Youtube.
Mastour has already featured on Milan's bench in Serie A this term and has played several times for Italy's under-16 side.
Chelsea to Beat United for Juan Cuadrado Signature
2 of 6
Thursday, January 22
Manchester United's chase of Juan Cuadrado could be about to end with the news Chelsea are now favourites to sign the winger.
David Wright of the Express confirmed the player's agent was due in London on Wednesday to thrash out a deal with the Premier League leaders, with Cuadrado said to have a £25 million release clause.
Wright says Chelsea's initial bid of £20 million was knocked back by Fiorentina—but the 26-year-old was reportedly at the Blues' League Cup match with Liverpool to watch his potential new employers.
Cuadrado has been heavily linked with United in recent months, per Wright, and would have been an ideal addition to Louis van Gaal's squad with the team's deficiencies in wider positions.
Ipswich Deny United the Chance to Capture Teddy Bishop and Tyrone Mings
3 of 6
Wednesday, January 21
Ipswich Town have publicly stated they will not sell their highly-rated youngsters Teddy Bishop and Tyrone Mings in January—dashing the hopes of Manchester United and their rivals.
Mel Henderson of the Mirror quotes the Tractor Boys' manager Mick McCarthy speaking about the duo, and declaring he has no intention of letting either of the £10 million-rated players leave while his club are chasing promotion to the Premier League:
"We see the scout list and we know they [big Premier League teams] are always here watching them [Mings and Bishop]. But we’re not getting shot of any of our players because we want to be in the mix for promotion at the end of the season.
"
The 21-year-old Mings has seen his stock explode in recent months, with player able to operate at left-back or in the centre of defence.
Teenager Bishop broke into Ipswich's starting line-up this season and has featured consistently in midfield, with Liverpool said to be leading the race for his signature, as reported by Adrian Kajumba of the Mirror.
Van Gaal to Reunite with Bruno Martins Indi?
4 of 6
Tuesday, January 20
Reports in Portugal suggest Louis van Gaal wishes to reunite with his former Netherlands defender Bruno Martins Indi—who is currently with Porto.
TalkSport say LvG has rekindled his interest in the player as he looks for solutions and answers for his weak defence.
United were heavily linked with a move for the 22-year-old after the World Cup in Brazil, per TalkSport, but the centre-back left Feyenoord for the Primeira Liga.
But the radio station says news publication Record believe United will once again look to sign the player in order to improve their options at the back.
Manchester United Alerted to Modric Family Issue in Madrid
5 of 6
Monday, January 19
Manchester United will be watching for any developments at Real Madrid with the news Luka Modric's wife is unhappy in the Spanish capital.
Jamie Anderson of the Daily Express writes the Croatian midfielder may consider a move back to the Premier League after it was claimed by FIFA agent Francois Gallardo that Mrs. Modric has an issue in Madrid.
"Modric is the engine of Real Madrid, but the problem it is his wife who did not fit into Madrid in Spain," Gallardo said.
United's search for a world-class midfielder could point them in the direction of the 29-year-old ace, who has been a revelation at Los Blancos since his move from Tottenham Hotspur in 2012.
Modric has four years of Premier League football under his belt and would be a stellar addition to any team, with Chelsea also said to be interested, per Anderson.
Ozan Tufan's Father Confirms United Interest in Turkish Talent
6 of 6
Monday, January 19
The father of Turkish defensive midfielder Ozan Tufan has confirmed Manchester United have sent scouts to watch his son play for Bursaspor.
Jamie Anderson of the Express quotes the player's father wax lyrical about the array of clubs interested in signing the 19-year-old:
"Atletico [Madrid] and also Valencia have been to see him play but they are not alone. Other big European teams have sent scouts to watch Ozan play—AC Milan, Juventus, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs, City and United.
"
Tufan recently made his international debut for his country and can play both in midfield and at right-back. The prodigy's versatility could be something that attracts the attention of Louis van Gaal as he looks to add depth to his squad.






.jpg)







