
Arsenal Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 5
The transfer window is open and Arsenal have already been one of the more active teams.
Unfortunately, they've lost a player rather than gaining one. According to the BBC, Lukas Podolski has landed in Milan to complete a loan move to Inter, and the deal only requires ratification to go through.
Arsenal fans will be eager to see the money from Podolski's wages reinvested in other areas of the squad. A centre-back and holding midfielder remain the priorities.
Keep an eye on this piece over the coming week for the latest on Arsenal's January transfer window activity.
Last updated: Friday, January 9
Arsene Wenger Denies Everything
1 of 6
Friday, January 9
In an interview with Arsenal.com, Arsene Wenger has denied interest in Petr Cech, Isco, Loic Perrin and Gabriel Paulista.
He did, at least, confirm some interest in young Polish midfield Krystian Bielik. That seems to be the transfer Arsenal are most likely to complete in this window.
David Moyes Targets Joel Campbell
2 of 6
Thursday, December 8
Real Sociedad's new boss David Moyes has reportedly made Arsenal's Joel Campbell a transfer target.
According to Simon Jones of the Daily Mail, Moyes hopes to bring Campbell back to La Liga on loan. The Costa Rican previously enjoyed a relatively successful spell in Spain with Real Betis.
However, with Lukas Podolski having joined Inter Milan and Yaya Sanogo also likely to leave on loan, it's difficult to see Arsene Wenger also agreeing to Campbell's departure.
Arsenal Linked with Winston Reid Bid
3 of 6
Wednesday, January 7
says Arsenal are lining up a move for West Ham defender Winston Reid:
"Arsene Wenger is making moves to sign Winston Reid this month.
West Ham boss Sam Allardyce has admitted Reid has “no future” at Upton Park and fully expects him to leave when his contract expires in the summer.
But Arsenal boss Wenger, who has made Reid one of his main defensive targets, is trying to get the New Zealand centre-half on the cheap in the current transfer window.
"
With the Gunners desperate for a new centre-back, approaching Reid would make sense. With his deal just months from expiry, Arsenal would hope to snare him for a knockdown fee of around £5 million.
Arsenal Fall Short in Bid for Polish Prodigy
4 of 6
Wednesday, January 7
How typical of Arsenal: at a time when they're crying out for an experienced midfielder, Arsene Wenger has instead moved to try and sign a teenager.
However, according to Liam Corless of The Mirror, their initial bid to sign Polish 17-year-old Krystian Bielik has been rejected. The Gunners will need to raise their offer to secure the prospect.
Even if Bielik does arrive this January, we are unlikely to see him in first-team action for some time.
Morgan Schneiderlin Dismisses January Move
5 of 6
Monday, January 5
Southampton midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has played down talk of a move during the January transfer window.
Speaking to Telefoot (h/t Goal.com), Schneiderlin said:
"It’s always difficult to leave in January.
"
I think I’ll finish the season at Southampton and we’ll see what will happen next. I don’t set my mind on these things anymore.
What should happen will happen. Since this summer, I learned that you should never think that you're gone before you actually did.
The news is a blow to Arsenal, who would love nothing more than to add the combative holding midfielder to their ranks.
Arsenal Linked with Petr Cech Bid
6 of 6
Monday, January 5
After Wojciech Szczesny's error-strewn display at Southampton, Carl Eldridge and Harry Platt of the Daily Star have said that Arsenal will make a £7 million bid for Chelsea's Petr Cech.
It's difficult to see that happening—and not only because Wenger retains enormous faith in Szczesny. Chelsea and Jose Mourinho are unlikely to help out a rival club by sanctioning a move for Cech midway through the season.
It's surely unthinkable they'd allow the experienced stopper to join another Premier League club.






.jpg)







