
Manchester United Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of December 22
Manchester United's six-game winning run came to an end on Saturday when the Red Devils stumbled to a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa.
Despite the slip, Louis van Gaal's team have collected 19 points from the last 21 available, and United are looking good for a Champions League finish.
The Villa game also saw a return to the starting XI for Radamel Falcao, who marked the occasion with a beautifully headed goal.
The January transfer window is now only days away from opening, and the manager will have the opportunity to further strengthen his options.
Here, we take a look at the latest rumours and gossip surrounding the Old Trafford giants.
Last updated: Friday, December 26.
Clubs Line Up to Take Adnan Januzaj on Loan
1 of 5
Friday, December 26
Adnan Januzaj is set to leave Old Trafford on loan in January, with Paris Saint-Germain and Real Sociedad keen to snap up the Belgian prodigy.
John Cross and Ed Malyon of the Mirror report Louis van Gaal is prepared to let Januzaj temporarily leave United in order to gain further first-team experience, and Laurent Blanc and David Moyes head the queue to capture the club's No. 7.
Cross and Malyon say Le Parisien believe PSG will move for the attacker after being restricted by Financial Fair Play this term, and a temporary deal would boost their Champions League and Ligue 1 campaigns.
However, the journalists also say Moyes is in the hunt for the player that he gave a five-year contract to last season—during his short tenure at United—but Hull City, Everton and Inter Milan are also interested in the youthful wizard.
United Observe as Mats Hummels Labels His Team as "Pathetic."
2 of 5
Wednesday, December 24
It has been a disastrous few months for Mats Hummels since he won the World Cup with Germany—as he has witnessed his Borussia Dortmund side collapse and fold in the Bundesliga.
And now the Manchester United target has publicly criticised his teammates, calling the Westfalenstadion side "pathetic," per Samuel Luckhurst of The Manchester Evening News.
BVB have now lost 10 times in the league this season and currently reside in the relegation zone, per Bundesliga.com.
Dortmund are said to rate their captain at £47 million, with Louis van Gaal known to admire the player greatly, per Luckhurst.
The journalist also says David Moyes considered a move for Hummels last year but decided he "wasn’t mobile enough to adapt to the rigours of the Premier League."
Agent Claims Kevin Strootman Has Agreed United Move
3 of 5
Tuesday, December 23
Kevin Strootman will shortly complete his move to Manchester United—according to one of Italy's more respected agents.
Jamie Sanderson of the Metro quotes Matteo Materazzi speaking to Rai Sport about the midfielder's transfer from Serie A to the Premier League:
"Manchester are one step away from Kevin Strootman. The British club will pay €40 million (£32 million) into the coffers of the Giallorossi."
Louis van Gaal is known to immensely respect Strootman, and his purchase will considerably strengthen United's core as they look to rebuild towards former glories.
Gareth Bale "Approves" Manchester United Switch
4 of 5
Monday, December 22
Transfer rumours can often be wild and based on fantasy, but the stories linking Gareth Bale with a sensational move to Manchester United will not go away.
The Wales international is now believed to have given the "green light" to a move to the Red Devils, according to John Richardson of the Sunday Express in an exclusive: "It’s believed that the prospect of a return to this country at the end of the season appeals to him and his family."
United originally outbid Real Madrid for the rapid forward when he joined Los Blancos from Tottenham, per Richardson, but Bale had his heart set on joining the Spanish outfit.
However, it is now thought the Welshman is keen to return to England, with Louis van Gaal at the front of the queue for his services.
Richardson says United are aware Madrid will not entertain a sale in January and will wait to get their man next summer.
United in Battle for the Services of Sergio Busquets
5 of 5
Monday, December 22
Barcelona midfield stalwart Sergio Busquets is said to be looking for "a new challenge," with the giants of the Premier League lining up to take him from La Liga—Manchester United included.
Anthony Chapman of the Daily Express says the Spain international is also being hunted by Chelsea, Arsenal, Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain in what could become one of the biggest sagas of the forthcoming summer transfer window.
Chapman says reports in Germany believe the player has been offered a new deal with Barca, but he is currently keeping his options open.
Busquets has been at the Camp Nou his entire career and Chapman says the player could be tempted with a move to England.






.jpg)







