UFC on Fox 13 is now in the books.
The penultimate event of 2014 produced some good action, including a handful of finishes and some competitive scraps. It also saw some terrific performances that could potentially make a couple of title contenders.
Junior dos Santos held serve against Stipe Miocic in the night’s main event, but not without difficulty. Miocic pushed the former champion to the limit, but was unable to convince the judges that his efforts should be rewarded with the W.
Rafael dos Anjos absolutely dominated Nate Diaz in the co-main event, besting him both on the feet and on the mat, cruising to an easy decision win. The victory may be good enough to make him the No. 1 contender at lightweight, but Khabib Nurmagomedov may have something to say about that.
For an overview of the 12-fight event, check out the quick results here:
UFC on Fox 13 Main Card
- Junior dos Santos def. Stipe Miocic, unanimous decision (48-47, 49-46, 49-46)
- Rafael Dos Anjos def. Nate Diaz, unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Alistair Overeem def. Stefan Struve, knockout (Round 1, 4:13)
- Matt Mitrione def. Gabriel Gonzaga, TKO (Round 1, 1:59)
Prelims on Fox Sports 1
- John Moraga def. Willie Gates, submission (Round 3, 4:06)
- Joanna Jederzejczyk def. Claudia Gadelha, split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Ben Saunders def. Joe Riggs, submission (Round 1, 0:57)
- Drew Dober def. Jamie Varner, submission (Round 1, 1:52)
- Ed Herman vs. Derek Brunson—CANCELLED
- Bryan Barberena def. Joe Ellenberger, TKO (Round 3, 3:24)
Prelims on Fight Pass
- David Michaud def. Garett Whiteley, unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
- Henry Cejudo def. Dustin Kimura, unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ian Entwistle def. Anthony Birchak, submission (Round 1, 1:04)
For a more thorough account of UFC on Fox 13 scroll down to read Bleacher Report’s play-by-play coverage of the entire event.