Top games from Week Two predicted here!
Unfortunately this week is sort of a down week for college football and the top games outside of the Ohio State vs. Southern California game aren't much to call in sick for.
1) Ohio State vs. USC - Ohio State has the most promising young QB in the Nation. USC can reload better then any team in the nation. The Buckeyes have to have vengeance on their mind. They got flat out embarrassed last year in Los Angeles. Ohio State did lose some key players, but USC lost almost everything. The stingy defense is gone, except for the hardest hitter in college Taylor Mays of course, and a new QB as well. Ohio State lost Beanie Wells and some very strong defensive players to the NFL draft. I see Ohio State faithful being the determining factor in this battle.
Prediction - Ohio State 24, USC 23
2) Clemson vs. Georgia Tech - This game isn't a huge game, but it is very important for the ACC to determine exactly where these two teams are. Can Georgia Tech replace all the defenders they lost? Can Clemson finally beat a big team and start playing like they should? I like Clemson's Defensive Ends though, and that is a big key to beating Paul Johnson's offense. Even with that it is at Georgia Tech, and the home field will be enough.
Prediction - Clemson 24, Georgia Tech 28
3) Mississippi State vs. Auburn - I know what your thinking; this game? Yes, because this is a big game for Auburn to show if they are anywhere near back. It's also a chance to see two new coaches go at it. Auburn has defense still, Mississippi State honestly has nothing but luck on their side in most of their games this season.
Prediction - Auburn 17, Mississippi State 6
4) Tennessee vs. UCLA - Once again, this is a bad week for College Football. This is the first of many games for these two new coaches who almost guaranteed their programs success when they arrived to show what they've got. UCLA beat Tenn last year after Tenn kicker Daniel Lincoln decided that making field goals is not part of his scholarship requirements. Tennessee still has one of the best defenses in the nation and traveling across the coast lines has proven in recent years to be a very tough thing to do.
Prediction - Tennessee 21, UCLA 10
5) Notre Dame vs. Michigan - This game features the two most recognizable teams in College Football. To bad the recognition right now is not exactly something to brag about. Michigan following one of if not the worse season in their long and tenured College play has to redeem themselves. Notre Dame has been down for two years now, also following very bad seasons. Notre Dame has grown older, while it seems Michigan is still trying to find their way under second year coach Rich Rod. I see this game actually being a pretty big blow out.
Prediction - Notre Dame 38, Michigan 10
Other games to watch
Pitt 24 - Buffalo 6
North Carolina 20 - UConn 7
Stanford 14 - Wake Forest 20
South Carolina 9 - Georgia 21