
Bruce Carter Injury: Updates on Cowboys LB's Quad and Return
Updates from Monday, Oct. 27
The Cowboys released their inactives 90 minutes before their Week 8 clash with the Redskins, and Bruce Carter was not on the list via David Helman of DallasCowboys.com:
TOP NEWS
.jpg)
Colts Release Kenny Moore

Projecting Every NFL Team's Starting Lineup 🔮

Rookie WRs Who Will Outplay Their Draft Value 📈
Updates from Thursday, Oct. 23
The Dallas Cowboys updated Bruce Carter's status from Thursday's practice:
Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News provided more detail from Carter's return:
Updates from Wednesday, Oct. 22
Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News provides an update on Bruce Carter's injury:
Updates from Monday, Oct. 20
Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com provides a statement from Bruce Carter discussing his injury and recovery:
"Dallas Cowboys strongside linebacker Bruce Carter has missed the past three games with a thigh injury, but he did some running before Sunday's game against the New York Giants and expects to practice this week.
'For the most part, I'm able to do everything I need to do,' Carter said. 'I got a couple of extra days to get ready, given we have a Monday night game.'
"
Updates from Sunday, Oct. 19
ESPN's Todd Archer reveals Bruce Carter's Week 7 status:
Updates from Tuesday, Oct. 14
David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reports on Bruce Carter's status for Week 7:
Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News has an update on Carter, from owner Jerry Jones:
"Bruce Carter’s strained quad is improving, but he still might not be healthy enough to play Sunday against the Giants.
Carter, who said he’d likely be out 10-14 days, suffered the injury against New Orleans on Sept. 28. He did not play against Houston and was inactive for Sunday’s game in Seattle.
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is hopeful that the starting strongside linebacker can return this week.
“We didn’t like the way he was progressing right at the end of last week in practice,” Jones said Tuesday on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “We noted that over the weekend that we’d like for him to have been just on cue and ready to roll at the start of practice this week.
“That doesn’t rule him out. Days make huge differences at this stage of a rehab of an injury, so I don’t want to rule him out. I’d like to feel a little better about him than we do, though.”
"
Updates from Friday, Oct. 10
Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News has the latest on Carter:
Updates from Tuesday, Oct. 7
Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram provides an update on Bruce Carter's status:
Updates from Friday, Oct. 3
Jordan Ross of CowboysHQ.com has the latest on Carter:
Updates from Tuesday, Sept. 30
Rowan Kavner of DallasCowboys.com provides an update on Bruce Carter's status:
Jon Machota of The Dallas Morning News has an update on Carter, courtesy of owner Jerry Jones:
Updates from Monday, Sept. 29
Rowan Kavner of DallasCowboys.com passed along comments from Stephen Jones on Bruce Carter's status:
David Moore of The Dallas Morning News shared more on Carter's diagnosis:
"An MRI confirmed that the linebacker suffered a quad strain in the second half of the team’s victory over New Orleans. The injury is not considered serious, but it’s considered week to week and puts his status for Sunday’s game against Houston in jeopardy.
"
Earlier, Kavner of DallasCowboys.com reported a synopsis of a conversation between Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and Bruce Carter discussing the Cowboys star's injury:
"Unlike the [Morris] Claiborne situation, though, neither Jones nor Carter appear particularly concerned that the injury will keep the linebacker out long-term. Jones said Carter told him he was going to be fine, and Carter reiterated that after the game.
[...]
Carter’s dealt with serious injuries before in his career, but never a muscle injury that debilitated him while running like this.
"
Original Text
The Dallas Cowboys will have plenty of positive game film to watch after their strong performance against the New Orleans Saints, but there is one play on the tape that will surely have the coaches shaking their heads.
Linebacker Bruce Carter left the game in the third quarter with an apparent leg injury and was eventually ruled out for the remainder of the contest, per the team's official Twitter account:
Rainer Sabin of The Dallas Morning News provided an update after the game:
Carter heard his name called early and often in the Sunday Night Football matchup. He left the game with six total tackles (three solo) and two passes defensed.
ESPN's Mark Schlereth noted Carter's strong performance up to that point but didn't like the way he pulled up and favored his right leg before coming off the field:
The fourth-year linebacker out of North Carolina came into the game with 19 total tackles, one sack and one interception. He's been a leader for this defense in the early stages of this season.
The Cowboys will be hoping to build on their encouraging defensive display against the Saints, but it may be tough to do so if Carter misses a significant amount of time.

.png)





