
Samir Nasri Injury: Updates on Manchester City Star's Groin and Return
Updates from Wednesday, Oct. 29
Manchester City provides an update on Samir Nasri's status:
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Updates from Tuesday, Oct. 28
Samir Nasri appears to be on course for the Manchester derby after he returned to City's squad for Wednesday's Capital One Cup tie with Newcastle.
Ian Ladyman of the Daily Mail reports:
Updates from Friday, Oct. 24
Samir Nasri is nearing a Manchester City return, although it won't come at West Ham this weekend.
Manuel Pellegrini revealed, via City's official Twitter:
Updates from Friday, Oct. 3
Samir Nasri remains absent for Manchester City ahead of their weekend clash with Aston Villa.
Manuel Pellegrini confirmed, via City's official Twitter:
Updates from Monday, Sept. 29
Samir Nasri will be out of action for a month after having groin surgery, Manuel Pellegrini revealed on Monday.
Stuart Brennan of Manchester Evening News has the latest:
Updates from Sunday, Sept. 28
Samir Nasri updated fans on his status via his Twitter account:
Updates from Friday, Sept. 26
Samir Nasri's groin problem continues to hinder him ahead of Manchester City's trip to Hull City.
Manuel Pellegrini confirmed, via City's official Twitter:
Simon Bajkowski of the Manchester Evening News provided more from Pelligrini:
"Manchester City have been hit by another body blow with news that Samir Nasri faces a month on the sidelines.
(...)
'It’s serious because he will have surgery in the next days,' he said.
'I’m not a doctor but he will be out for around one month. He was training but he wasn’t 100 per cent and he wasn’t comfortable with what he was doing so the doctor decided it was the best option.
'Of course he’s a very important player for us and it’s not easy for us to play without Samir but I never give excuses about players that, for different reasons, are not in our squad. We have an important squad.'
"
Original Text
Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri is going to miss the club's Capital One Cup match against Sheffield Wednesday and is also a doubt for Saturday's Premier League encounter with Hull City due to a groin injury.
Stuart Brennan of the Manchester Evening News passed along comments from manager Manuel Pellegrini about the injury situation:
Ian Cheeseman of BBC Radio noted the ailment currently plaguing Nasri:
Although the extent of the injury is unknown, the fact Pellegrini didn't rule him out completely for this weekend suggests it's not too serious. That said, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them play it safe to ensure he's all the way back to full strength.
The French international has appeared in five matches across Premier League and Champions League play so far in the new campaign. He's tallied one assist with a pass success rate near 92 percent across both competitions, according to WhoScored.
City do have depth on the attack, so they should be able to overcome a short-term Nasri absence. What they want to prevent is any type of lengthy stint on the sideline given his key role as a link between the back line and the forwards with his distribution ability from the right side.
After the matches with Sheffield Wednesday and Hull, the Sky Blues have a Champions League date with Roma next week. They follow that with an Aston Villa fixture before going on international break for a couple of weeks.
A clearer picture about where on that timeline Nasri will be available for selection again should come to light in the days ahead.



.jpg)







