NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 24:  Luis Alberto looks to pass the ball during the match between the Melbourne Victory and Liverpool at Melbourne Cricket Ground on July 24, 2013 in Melbourne, Australia.  (Photo by Vince Caligiuri/Getty Images)
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 24: Luis Alberto looks to pass the ball during the match between the Melbourne Victory and Liverpool at Melbourne Cricket Ground on July 24, 2013 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Vince Caligiuri/Getty Images)Vince Caligiuri/Getty Images

Liverpool's Luis Alberto Banned and Fined for Drink Driving

Tim DanielsApr 25, 2014

Liverpool midfielder Luis Alberto was banned from driving for up to 12 months and will be forced to pay a £1,500 fine after pleading guilty to a charge of drink driving.

Lewis Price of the Liverpool Echo reports Alberto was pulled over by police last month after they witnessed him swerving and potentially using his cell phone while driving. He recorded alcohol level nearly twice the legal limit.

His attorney, Michael Hogan, mentioned his status as an athlete as part of the guilty plea when he explained why it would be difficult for him to be without a car:

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

"

Mr Romero does not go out, this was the first time he has been out properly since he has been in Liverpool.

Luis has no previous convictions to his name and is unused to strong alcohol. Normally his drinking habits are modest and with being a professional footballer, he will find it difficult without the use of his car.

"

The report goes on to state the 12-month driving ban can be reduced to nine months should Alberto successfully complete a course for alcohol awareness. He was also forced to pay a £150 victim surcharge as part of pleading guilty.

Alberto has made just nine Premier League appearances for the title-contending Reds this season, all of which have come as a substitute. His only three starts have come in cup competition. He's tallied no goals and one assist across all competitions.

NEWCASTLE-UPON-TYNE, ENGLAND - OCTOBER 19: Daniel Sturridge (C) of Liverpool celebrates scoring his team's second goal with team-mate Luis Alberto during the Barclays Premier League match between Newcastle United and Liverpool at St James' Park on October

The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has also spent time with Sevilla and Barcelona's B squad early in his career. He's showcased plenty of potential during that time, but he's still a raw talent and these type of incidents don't help his cause.

That said, since he was able to avoid any serious punishment, the charge shouldn't have any lasting effects as long as he can stay out of trouble in the year ahead. Liverpool have several influential veterans who will probably talk to him about not wasting a major opportunity, if they haven't already.

Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

TOPSHOT-FBL-WC-2026-PLAYOFF-DRAW

World Cup Power Rankings 📊

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report14h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R