NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤
Clive Mason/Getty Images

Paris Saint-Germain Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of January 13

Ryan BaileyJan 13, 2014

Thanks to the petrodollars of the Qatari Investment Authority, Paris Saint-Germain are amassing a terrifyingly brilliant squad.

In the last winter window, the Ligue 1 champions brought in Lucas Moura for a cool €40 million, and they spent a collective €133 million on Edinson Cavani, Marquinhos and Lucas Digne in the summer 2013 window.

Now, all eyes are on the Parisians as they look to dominate the French domestic game and move into the upper echelons of European football for the first time since they reached the Champions League semifinals in 1995.  

As we approach the midpoint of the January transfer window, here are the latest rumours and stories surrounding PSG's dalliances in the market. Be sure to check back throughout the week for further updates. 

—LAST UPDATE: Friday, January 17—

No Offers Have Been Made for Paul Pogba

1 of 10

Friday, January 17

Real Madrid and Manchester United are said to be interested in Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba—the latter having let him go in 2012—but France Football (via Football Italia) believe Paris Saint-Germain are at the front of the queue.

ESPN FC, however, have translated quotes Juventus general manager Beppe Marotta gave to La Gazzetta dello Sport, in which he insisted no approaches have been made:

"

We've only read about it in the newspapers. We recognise his value—first he was only a prospect and now he's an established player—but we've not had any offer from Paris Saint-Germain so far and, if one were to arrive, we would have a polite response for them.

"

Evidently, Juve are not keen on selling, but if they were, Transfermarkt give him a market value of €34 million (£30 million).  

Tom Ince to Opt for Monaco over PSG

2 of 10

Friday, January 17

Tom Ince, Blackpool winger and son of former England star Paul, is the subject of much interest from major European clubs.

According to The Daily Mail, PSG, Ajax, Tottenham and Swansea are all keen to acquire the services of the 21-year-old, but he met with Monaco representatives in London on Thursday to finalise a deal.

The Guardian also carry this rumour, adding that Blackpool will receive only £155,000 in compensation. 

An Approach May Have Been Made for Luis Suarez

3 of 10

Thursday, January 15

According to Spanish sports daily Marca, PSG have made an approach to Liverpool for their star striker Luis Suarez in a bid to pair him up with Uruguayan compatriot Edinson Cavani. 

The offer is said to be €42 million (£35 million) plus the choice of either Ezequiel Lavezzi, Javier Pastore, Jeremy Menez or Adrien Rabiot.

You will note that this is exactly the same deal we mentioned on Tuesday in this transfer tracker, and of which we were highly skeptical due to its unreliable sourcing. It is quite possible that Marca have simply lifted this same source and printed it as gospel. Stranger things have happened. 

In the kind of form that Suarez is in—and in light of his recent contract extension—one would imagine that Liverpool would laugh off an offer like this if it were true. 

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

David Moyes Eyes Lucas Moura

4 of 10

Thursday, January 16

As per yesterday's tracker update, there was much mystery surrounding David Moyes' scouting trip to France on Tuesday.

Now, the Daily Star are among those who believe Manchester United want to bolster their midfield with Lucas Moura. 

Sir Alex Ferguson was interested in the Brazilian in summer 2012, but was not willing to match PSG's €45 million bid. He said at the time

"

I find it quite amazing that a club can pay 45m Euros for a 19-year-old boy. When somebody’s paying €45 million for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game’s gone mad.

"

Presumably, his transfer value isn't too far from that premium price at present, with Transfermarkt valuing him at €33 million. 

Jeremy Menez Is Staying Put

5 of 10

Wednesday, January 15

Jeremy Menez has been linked with a host of clubs in the past few weeks, including Liverpool and Juventus. The French winger has six months left on his contract, leading many to believe he would be sold as a means of recouping some kind of transfer fee.

However, Menez has today insisted he will remain in the French capital until his contract expires. Sky Sports quotes:

"

"I will remain at Paris until the end of the season," he stated.

"I am fine here and the officials trust me. I will do my very best.

"I didn't talk with anyone about a winter departure because it was out of the question to leave."

"

Menez's lack of first team action could damage his 2014 World Cup prospects, but it looks as if the 26-year-old is almost certainly staying put. 

David Moyes Is Scouting at PSG

6 of 10

Wednesday, January 15

In an attempt to improve upon a disappointing summer window of activity, David Moyes has been sending scouts all across Europe in the past week to check in on transfer targets. 

The Independent are among those reporting the fact that the man himself was present at Tuesday night's League Cup semi-final in Bordeaux.

It is unclear whom Moyes had come to see, but one thing is clear: the Manchester Utd manager will have a tough time persuading a PSG star to join him without reasonable assurance of Champions League football next season.  

Laurent Blanc Still Tracking Yohan Cabaye

7 of 10

Tuesday, January 14

Rumours of Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye (or Yohan "Kebab" as the club's sporting director would refer to him) and a move to the French capital have been circulating since the beginning of the window, with The Independent among those reporting Laurent Blanc's interest in a £22 million deal.  

Now, Blanc has once again stoked the fires of transfer intrigue, with a cryptic set of quotes given to Le Parisien and translated by The Express:

"

Yohan Cabaye? Sometimes issues like this cool down or heat up then they cool down or heat up again.

Until January 31, no one closes the door.

A transfer is a negotiation. The more a player is considered untransferable, the more likely it is that they will change [teams].

"

Cabaye himself has ruled out the move, towing the party line of insisting he is still a Newcastle player. 

According to the International Business Times, PSG will not be fighting Arsenal for his signature in this window, as the Gunners interest has dissipated, despite the injuries in their midfield. 

Don't Believe the (Suarez) Hype

8 of 10

Tuesday, January 14

Several outlets on Tuesday morning are reporting a cash-plus-player deal being offered for Liverpool's Luis Suarez. Apparently, PSG will put up £35 million and the choice of one of Ezequiel Lavezzi, Jeremy Menez, Javier Pastore or Adrien Raviot for the Uruguayan.

The source of this rumour, however, is not a newspaper or "reputable" institution, but a transfer rumour aggregation site—not exactly a denizen of trustworthy first-hand reporting. 

So, for now, ignore this one. 

Jose Mourinho Rules out Speculation Regarding Eden Hazard

9 of 10

Monday, January 13

Belgian winger Eden Hazard was in typically superb form during Saturday's 2-0 win over Hull at the KC Stadium, which will no doubt have impressed PSG's owners.

Last Thursday, The Independent carried reports from Le 10 Sport claiming Hazard was at the top of their priority list. 

However, Jose Mourinho has pooh-poohed this idea, insisting that Chelsea will not sell and his market valuation would be "crazy." The Mirror reports: 

"

There is no chance of Eden going, no chance.

His value was £32 million when he joined and he’s now two or three times better than that, so his market value, even if we wanted to sell, would be crazy.

But he’s not a player we are interested in selling.

"

It seems unlikely that a market valuation is too "crazy" for PSG, but the Blues have made their stance pretty clear. 

Rubin Kazan's Yann M'Vila Is on the Radar

10 of 10

Monday, January 13

It is no secret that Paris Saint-Germain are keen to bolster their midfield, and since the leads have gone cold on Juan Mata, the Ligue 1 leaders may now be looking toward the talents of Yann M'Vila. 

On Monday, Parisian football tabloid Le 10 Sport claimed to have sources within Canal + that confirmed an interest in the Rubin Kazan star (source in French). 

M'Vila moved to the Russian Premier League from Rennes in the summer, but Blanc—who promoted the 23-year-old to the senior French national side in 2010—is understood to be keen to bring him back.

However, PSG might have competition from the likes of Liverpool. M'Vila was spotted in the crowd at November's thrilling Merseyside derby.  

Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

TOPSHOT-FBL-WC-2026-PLAYOFF-DRAW

World Cup Power Rankings 📊

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report13h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R