Joe's 411: B/R Pro-Wrestling News
Welcome to a big edition of Joe's 411: B/R Pro-Wrestling News. I have news on Kennedy, Orton, Undertaker, TNA, and more. So lets get started.
Mr. Kennedy news
As we all heard, Mr. Kennedy was released from World Wrestling Entertainment late Friday night.
TOP NEWS

Fresh Backstage WWE Rumors 👊

Modern-Day Dream Matches 💭

Most Likely Backlash Heel/Face Turns 🎭
If you check Google.com, I was the first person to write about it other than WWE.com. Just thought I would throw that in, as it is the top story regarding Kennedy right now on the web.
The internal talks in WWE about Kennedy is not that he was not talented, but his injuries really hurt him in the end with them. This should be obvious to the WWE fans. The fact is though, Kennedy is a big name in the WWE, and people do like him.
The story of Orton vs. Kennedy backstage was nothing big, and Orton was not behind the release at all. Orton did meet with Kennedy backstage and they had a conversation where Orton told Kennedy to be more careful out there so he doesn't injure anyone.
That is a good idea, Orton; however, didn't you hurt Kennedy's wrist? Hmm, funny how that works out.
Sure, Kennedy is injury-prone, but he did land awkwardly because of an RKO that he may have not been ready for.
Also, Kennedy's Laker Jersey from his last match is us for auction online at Auction.wwe.com, apparently they are still trying to get money off of him.
Has anyone checked Jeremy Borash's tweets yet? Good stuff if you haven't. He basically gives hints out on different subjects regarding TNA, and spoke on the Kennedy release. Here is what he had to say:
"Heard Kennedy was released by WWE. Hell of a talent in my book. Hopefully he sticks with it and stays healthy."
You can read into it in several ways, but because of his past "tweets" it is not a stretch to think TNA will try and go after him.
Since the WWE released him from his contract, there may be a no-compete clause for Kennedy. So if he does sign, it will be in a few months. So don't expect him to be on iMPACT next week.
The main beef with Kennedy was that he had a good character the WWE wanted to build on but could never do so because of his injuries. He has been on injured reserve if you will for two of his four years with the WWE.
I remember something similar happened with Jeff Hardy in the past. He had been abusing substances and the WWE still used him on TV, but would never push him to the main events because they had to keep either suspending him or punishing him for his actions.
They finally got fed up and released him. Of course Hardy also refused to go to rehab, which played another big part in it.
Hardy then made his way to TNA, who knew of his past, mind you. He was there for a few years and did a lot of main event work for them.
He actually wrestled his first match against the the current X-Division Champion AJ Styles for that title.
The match was interrupted, and Styles kept the title. But Hardy started to make an "impact" in TNA. He then left TNA and signed back with the WWE. He had one slip up, for which he was suspended.
He is now on the third strike rule with the WWE, one more slip-up, and he is gone.
Hardy has not had very many injuries in the past, he actually has had less than Kennedy. This is hard to believe considering his past and current wrestling matches.
But the same kind of thing happened. The WWE got fed up with trying to push something they couldn't rely on. I feel Kennedy will do like Hardy, and head to TNA.
Then if he can stay healthy there, he may be able to come back to the WWE later on if they will take him.
Just my personal opinion, but I think TNA could really use him right now. On Kennedy's website, he claims to be 100 percent healthy physically.
So TNA could give him a try down the road, maybe give him a small deal so if he gets injured he won't bring them down money wise.
Ric Flair news
It is now being said that Ric Flair had to pull out of Ring of Honor's tapings for HDNet in Philadelphia this week because of his role in the WWE right now.
He actually has stepped down as ROH Ambassador for now, at least until he is done with the WWE. Which may never happen, if you ask me.
WWE RAW is in Birmingham, Ala., this week, my hometown. Expect more on that this week by the way.
Flair would not be able to travel and be both places at once because of the shows being too far from each other and around the same time. This was a last-minute decision, according to sources.
As I have said in the past, Flair will never retire. He will stay with the WWE because they will allow him to, he adds ratings so they will always keep something going with him. He will never offically leave the WWE fans until he is dead in my opinion.
Whether your a Flair fan or not, get used to seeing him because he will keep coming back.,
Also on HDNet, Tim Warner Cable has officially removed it. It will be replaced with MavTV, which includes a roller derby show and a reality show about daughters of tough-guy fathers, and the daughters are trying to get boyfriends.
Which are far better than ROH, right?
Idiots!
HDNet could be the next Spike TV considering they have added wrestling, MMA, and many other shows geared towards men, and they are all in HD. Spike is in HD most of the time, but nothing like HDNet from what I have seen.
Spike is able to be seen more of course, but I feel HDNet has a lot going for it. The only problem is that not everyone can get it for two reasons.
- You have to have an HDTV
- You have to have certain cable/satellite packages depending on your service to get it.
So obviously Spike wins in the end, and that is why it is not going anywhere any time soon. Also HDNet owner Mark Cuban is going through financial trouble, so he could easily cut his losses and get rid of HDNet. ROH's TV future doesn't look too bright if you ask me.
Undertaker update
As many know from previous 411's, Undertaker went under the knife to repair nagging issues. He had arthroscopic surgery on his hip, and is now at his South Florida ranch resting.
Word is that he will have to take at least another eight weeks out from the surgery, which would have him able to come back for either Summerslam or Breaking Point, the WWE's new PPV.
I voted for the name personally, it was a good name if they had to have an all-submission one. However, it is replacing a long-time PPV, Unforgiven, which as we all know had an Undertaker-like theme.
The WWE thought it would be a brilliant idea to bring him back then, so that the PPV would get more attention. However, many think it will not work because Taker has had so many returns in the past that no one would care.
I would care personally. I am a big Taker fan, so I'd stream the PPV. Just kidding, guys.
There is also a rumor going around that the WWE wants to have rising heel star, Dolph Ziggler face the Deadman on his return. The WWE feels Ziggler is doing very well on SmackDown and the Taker feud would be a nice boost for him.
He is currently feuding with The Great Khali, so he would be prepared for someone like Taker, size-wise. So it would be believable that Ziggler could go over a bit on him.
I would like to say since Ziggler is being brought up, I told you so, B/R. I mentioned in the past that Ziggler was the next big star for the WWE. And it looks like that is possible after the good push he is getting.
He is doing well in this push, and it could bring him an Intercontinental Championship soon. In the future, it could bring him a World Title. But it may be a while before that happens.
Taker has always done what management has asked, and of course he is such an important locker room fixture, management listens to him a lot. Vince McMahon has even asked his advice on issues in the past.
Taker will do the rivalry with Ziggler if he is asked to, he is not one to think he is too good to put over anyone. He has even said if Vince wants to end his Wrestlemania win streak, he would be okay with it.
So this little rivalry wouldn't hurt him.
Taker's injuries shouldn't hurt him too much here, if the WWE just brings him back for the rivalry with Ziggler. Then they could have him take some time off and come back around the Royal Rumble.
It all depends on how long he can take the other pains he has been dealing with for some time now. Of course if he lasted this long, I am sure he can last just a little longer.
Terrible rating for WWE
WWE Superstars on WGN America scored a 0.76 cable rating, which was the worst for the series. It is also the lowest WWE has had since the beginning of the RAW shows in the early 90s. Even then, I don't think it was that low.
It was surprising as John Cena vs Ted DiBiase was on the card for the Main Event. Of course at this time the NBA Playoffs were on. So that could be why they scored to low, however TNA iMPACT scored a normal rating at the 9/8c slot.
Matt Striker nude?
Please do not leave the 411 over it, I just report the stuff. Apparently our Teacher Matt Striker recently had old nude cell phone images surface of him. The WWE was aware of them before, so it is unlikely Striker will face any punishment for them.
The ECW Color Commentator is in my opinion one of the best they have had on the table. He knows what he is talking about, and helps you understand certain moves in the ring, which is what I like about him.
He is true to his gimmick as our teacher because of the fact he is so knowledgeable about wrestling. So, who can they use in his spot if he is punished? Possibly JR, Grisham, or King. But seriously, they do need some time off.
I don't think punishment will come for him. And since it was mentioned before by Striker himself, I am sure since the WWE hired him knowing that it may come out one day.
Plus it is more embarrassing locker room wise than anything. The WWE may even make a joke about it in a segment later on.
TNA Knockout's future looks in doubt
Chrisy Hemme was said to be meeting with TNA officials this week to discuss her future with the company. She has never been the best wrestler out there, as the WWE barely trained her after winning the Diva Search in 2004.
She was there before the WWE decided to go towards divas who could wrestle instead of having just eye candy.
She has been off TV for a while because she hurt herself in January while training with AJ Styles. She suffered two herniated disks from whatever happened and then decided to not have surgery to repair it, which is strange if you ask me.
Instead she had a procedure done called neurocranial realignment. In which "two rods are inserted up the nose and a balloon is blown in the head to manipulate the cranial bones to relieve pressure off the neck."
I can't say that sounds wonderful, but if I was her I would have had surgery. Not as much pain in the long run and a better chance to stay healthy compared to this procedure.
She returned to the gym two weeks ago, and one person close to her said she was retired from wrestling all together. However, Hemme said in a radio interview last week that she was working towards trying to get back in the ring one day.
I think TNA will release her, as she is not really doing anything for them right now. She cannot get in the ring now, and there is no time table to see her back, either. So, you would have to think TNA will cut her unless they can use her in some way.
I could see a manager role or something, but that is about it. Her former tag team, the Rock and Rave Infection, was released individually from TNA a few months back.
So she couldn't go back to them, which would mean that TNA would have to add her to a new team or person. But I have no idea who they could use her with personally.
Anyway, don't be surprised to hear next week she is released from TNA, because it is very possible.
TNA iMPACT 2 news
Time Warner has placed a $33 million bid to buy assets of Midway Games, the makers of TNA iMPACT the video game. It is now being reported Time Warner will not buy the rights to the iMPACT video game.
Samoa Joe recently did an interview with ESPN.com and said the TNA iMPACT 2 is in production currently.
The belief is that if no one buys the game's rights that Midway may finish the game as a last project if you will. Or it would just be dropped, which seems more likely if you ask me.
THQ who is rumored to not be making the WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW anymore after this installment may pick them up, but I doubt it seriously.
Especially because they landed a huge game in UFC Undisputed, which they plan on doing another installment of for next year because it has been such a big hit.
That is all for the 411 today, look out for the Breaking Joe's 411s which can happen from time to time when a big story hits. And also look for the 411 again on Tuesday for all the news you want to know.
credit: pwrestlingnews.com, prowrestling.net, prowrestling.com, wrestlenewz.com, 24wrestlingnews.com, wrestlingtruth.com, pwmania.com, pwtorch.com, lordsofpain.com



.jpg)







