4 Arkansas Football Players Looking to Transfer
Bret Bielema's first season at Arkansas didn't go as planned, and now the Razorbacks head coach will have to deal with a bit more adversity with his program.
Matt Jones and Todd Murphy of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported that four Arkansas players are seeking a transfer:
"Four football players are seeking to transfer, Arkansas coach Bret Bielema said in a sitdown interview with the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette on Tuesday.
Linebackers A.J. Turner and Myke Tavarres and running back Nate Holmes are seeking transfer options, Bielema said. The first-year coach said earlier this year cornerback Ray Buchanan Jr. was also looking to transfer.
"
Linebacker A.J. Turner, running back Nathan Holmes and corner Ray Buchanan Jr. all joined the Hogs in the class of 2012, all as 247Sports composite 3-stars. Linebacker Myke Tavarres was also a 3-star but came as a January enrollee in the 2013 class out of junior college.
None of the four were listed on the two-deep depth chart for the Hogs' final game of the season against LSU.
As mentioned by Jones and Murphy, Turner missed 2013 with a wrist injury, while Buchanan and Tavarres were utilized in scout team and special teams roles.
None of the three recorded a tackle in 2013.
Holmes played a very minor role in the backfield behind a true freshman starter, Alex Collins. Holmes, a sophomore, garnered six carries for 17 yards, seeing action in four games.
While the transfers might not be a red flag for Arkansas, it is never good to lose depth while building a program.
It'll now be on Bielema to fill that void on the recruiting trail. The Razorbacks already claim verbal commitments from one running back and two cornerbacks, though they haven't a single linebacker to the group.
The Hogs will open 2014 on the road against defending SEC champion Auburn.
.jpg)





.jpg)







