1. Mark, I know you are thrilled to be working with Rex Ryan and Brian Schottenheimer, but a lot of the problems from high-draft pick QBs has been caused by turmoil in the offensive scheme. I know you “just want to think about the 2009 season,” but a first round QB is judged on a three year scale today. How well would you be able to adjust if Ryan and Schottenheimer, for whatever reason (including success), weren’t around over all those three years?
2. Today most athletes have to worry about cell phone cameras at every party they go to. It’s not just Matt Leinart who’s had this problem. How does a quarterback from Long Beach who went to school at USC and is now the future of a New York pro team get to live accordingly without dealing with those pressures?
3. Are you more likely to have bouncers ban cameras wherever you go than let any random person take a picture of you?
4. New York sports fans have a larger Hispanic presence than many cities’ Sports fan base. While our Mexican-American fanbase isn’t as large, the New York Mets were able to take many fans away from the Yankees due to their increased Latino presence under Omar Minaya. If you were to succeed as a star for the Jets, how much would reaching out to New York’s potential Hispanic be a priority for you?
5. Which of your fellow USC QB alumni would you least like to go against in 2009?
6. Which former Trojan defensive player do you fear most in the NFL?
7. How much do you hope to play in 2009? How much do you think would be best for your career, the team this season, and the franchise in the long-term?
8. Would you place more priority in signing the most expensive contract you find or getting into camp on time?