NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, Pepe, Cesc Fabregas

Ian RodgersMay 31, 2018

There is still no sign of movement in the potential transfers of Luis Suarez and Gareth Bale, although new twists have emerged in the plots for both players, according to Thursday's newspapers.

Is the Liverpool striker staying or going? And are Tottenham about to launch a charm offensive in a bid to keep the Wales international at White Hart Lane?

Manchester City have targeted another defender in the event that their bid for Real Madrid's Pepe falls flat, while Manchester United may be on the verge of a new offer for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Read on to find out more. 

Luis Suarez Says He Still Wants to Leave Liverpool

1 of 5

After reports emerged on Wednesday that Suarez was going to stay at Liverpool, the Uruguay international has denied saying such a thing, according to David Anderson of the Daily Mirror.

The Anfield forward had been quoted by a South American journalist as saying he expected to be staying with the Merseyside club this summer, as Pete Jenson of The Telegraph (among others) reported.

But now, 24 hours later, while on international duty with Uruguay, Suarez is quoted as claiming he did not say he would be staying at Anfield.

"I didn’t say that," said Suarez. "Maybe someone else did. The main thing is I’m here now with the national team."

Meanwhile, Arsenal are weighing up a final bid of £49 million for the striker, according to Jeremy Wilson of the The Telegraph

Tottenham to Make Last-Ditch Bid to Convince Gareth Bale to Stay

2 of 5

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy will make a late bid to keep Bale at the North London club within 24 hours, reports Tony Banks of the Express.

According to the report, the Spurs chief will attempt to persuade the Real Madrid target with the promise of signings such as Erik Lamela from Roma, Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen and Willian of Anzhi Makhachkala.

Banks claims Levy wants the Wales international to stay at White Hart Lane for another year in a bid to secure Champions League football next season.

Spurs have already spent £50 million this summer to bring in Paulinho, Roberto Soldado and Nacer Chadli, while Etienne Capoue is expected to complete a £9 million move from Toulouse very soon. 

Manchester City Will Turn to Martin Demichelis If Pepe Bid Fails

3 of 5

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini will turn to Martin Demichelis as his hopes of signing Pepe from Real Madrid continue to stall, reports Martin Lipton of the Daily Mirror.

Pellegrini is looking for a new central defender after Matija Nastasic was ruled out for six weeks due to an ankle injury.

However, according to Lipton, City have been told Pepe is not for sale. Meanwhile, after playing for Pellegrini at Malaga, Demichelis has indicated he is willing to move to the Etihad Stadium.

Demichelis, 32, joined Atletico Madrid this summer after being released by Malaga at the end of last season. 

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

Manchester United to Make Final Fabregas Bid but Give Up on Baines

4 of 5

Another long-running summer transfer saga may be re-ignited as Manchester United consider a final move for Cesc Fabregas, reports Ian Ladyman of the Daily Mail.

The former Arsenal midfielder appeared to have drawn a line under any move from the Camp Nou last week, when he revealed at a press conference that he wanted to stay with the La Liga champions.

However, Ladyman claims United will monitor whether Fabregas is a first-team starter under Gerardo Martino in the opening games of the league campaign in Spain before making a fresh bid.

Meanwhile, United have conceded defeat in their hopes of landing Leighton Baines from Everton, according to David Anderson of the Daily Mirror

Bits and Pieces: Samuel Eto'o, Osvaldo, Edin Dzeko, Daniele De Rossi

5 of 5

Samuel Eto'o has attempted to bounce Chelsea into signing him by claiming Manchester United are also on his tail (Daily Mirror).

Southampton have made a fresh attempt to persuade Pablo Osvaldo to join after the Roma forward rejected a move last month (The Times, subscription needed).

Manchester City will provide Arsene Wenger with another transfer headache by telling Arsenal that striker Edin Dzeko is not for sale (Daily Mail).

Roma have left vice-captain Daniele De Rossi off the squad list for their preseason training camp in Riscone, fuelling rumours that he is set for an £11 million switch to Chelsea (The Independent).

Tottenham are ready to come back in for Blackpool winger Thomas Ince as part of a midfield shake-up (Daily Mirror). 

Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

TOPSHOT-FBL-WC-2026-PLAYOFF-DRAW

World Cup Power Rankings 📊

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report15h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R