NFLNBANHLMLBWNBARoland-GarrosSoccer
Featured Video
Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

Chelsea Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of August 5

Joe KrishnanJun 3, 2018

Chelsea have endured quite a summer so far, with the Blues sending out their usual quota of youngsters as well as releasing some former stars.

The likes of Florent Malouda and Yossi Benayoun have both left, although Hilario, who was originally released, has rejoined the club on a 12-month contract. 

New signings Andre Schuerrle and Marco van Ginkel have quickly settled into the team on the team's tour of the USA and Asia, and now Jose Mourinho has less than a month to decide whether he wants to add to his squad.

That said, his players may be in high demand. We take a look at which Chelsea stars could be heading out of Stamford Bridge, as well as potential arrivals coming in.

We'll be updating this page regularly, so make sure to check back to find out the latest news. 

-- UPDATED 6TH AUGUST --

Wayne Rooney Faces Backlash from Teammates over Attempts to Force Chelsea Move

1 of 4

As the Wayne Rooney transfer saga rumbles on, it's fair to say that readers aren't the only ones frustrated by the continued speculation over the England striker's future.

Chelsea are continuing to pursue the 27-year-old as the former Everton forward looks to leave Old Trafford this summer, and had a second bid believed to be in the region of £30 million rejected by the Premier League champions, per BBC Sport.

His Manchester United teammates, most notably Ryan Giggs and Rio Ferdinand, are unhappy that Rooney is pushing for a move, thus unsettling the squad according to The Mirror.

Rooney himself is said to be "angry and confused", per The Daily Mail, at the club's refusal to let him leave.

You don't look too angry there, Wayne... 

Xabi Alonso to Snub Chelsea and Liverpool in Favour of Real Madrid Stay

2 of 4

You're a professional footballer. What do you do when a club signs a newer, younger version of you? Leave, of course.

But Xabi Alonso is proving to be the exception, despite Real Madrid securing Real Sociedad's highly-rated midfielder Asier Illarramendi for £32 million last month.

The former Liverpool playmaker has been linked with a return to Anfield as a result, with his contract close to expiring, while his former coach Jose Mourinhonow at Chelseahas been credited with an interest, per The Metro.

With new coach Carlo Ancelotti coming in and his assistant Zinedine Zidane, Alonso spoke of his excitement about working with the Frenchman, adding he is "very motivated about working alongside him because of everything he has achieved and experienced."

With Alonso suggesting that his intention is to stay at the Santiago Bernabeu, it appears that Mourinho may need to look elsewhere if he wants to add another midfielder to the squad.

Chelsea Make Second Offer of £30m for Wayne Rooney

3 of 4

Jose Mourinho wants Wayne Rooney at Chelsea, we all know that. And usually, what the Special One wants, he gets without any hitches.

But this time, it's not a simple process.

Manchester United are providing some heavy resistance to Chelsea's attempts to bring Rooney to Stamford Bridge, having missed out on him nine years ago. 

The Blues have already had a first offer of £23 million plus add-ons rejected, and more recently, an improved bid of £30 million was immediately turned down by their Premier League rivals, per The Daily Mail.

The same article claims Rooney will force a move to the West London club by handing in an official transfer request, which is likely to be dismissed by David Moyes.

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

Chelsea Claim David Luiz Is Not for Sale Amid Barcelona Interest

4 of 4

As well as possible arrivals, Jose Mourinho must be wary of other clubs circulating for his own players.

Both Bayern Munich and Barcelona have shown an interest in signing the Blues' central defender, David Luiz, per ESPN, who helped Brazil to winning the Confederations Cup earlier this summer.

And while Pep Guardiola ruled out bringing the 26-year-old to the Allianz Arena, Barcelona have made Luiz one of their top targets this summer, with the Catalan club preparing a bid for the highly-rated centre-back, according to The Mirror.

But Mourinho has been defiant in his message to his former foes in Spain, saying Luiz is not for sale and is a key part of his plans, per Goal.com.

With the former Benfica defender seemingly happy to stay in London, and a huge fee to force Chelsea into negotiations, it seems he's unlikely to leave this season. 

Pep's Legacy Another Level 😤

TOP NEWS

Chelsea v Manchester City - Emirates FA Cup Final

Grading Top Coach Decisions 💭

United States v Portugal - International Friendly

Predicting USMNT Roster 🔮

Albania v England - FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier

Sick England Squad Vid 🎶

BRAZIL-COLOMBIA-MUSIC

Messi Stars in Shakira Vid 🤩

TOPSHOT-FBL-WC-2026-PLAYOFF-DRAW

World Cup Power Rankings 📊

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released
Bleacher Report15h

Kyle Busch's Cause of Death Released

Family says NASCAR star's death occurred after 'severe pneumonia progressed into sepsis' (AP)

TRENDING ON B/R