Juventus Transfer News and Rumours Tracker: Week of July 29
Although the Bianconeri have had an eventful summer, things have been slow for Juventus in recent weeks.
Fernando Llorente, Carlos Tevez and Angelo Ogbonna remain the club’s only officially completed signatures, but that’s not for a lack of speculation around the Old Lady.
This week brings with it another batch of transfer rumours surrounding the Scudetto champions, concerning both new acquisitions and players linked with a move away from the club.
Striker Pair Heading for Old Lady Exit
1 of 4As had already been suggested in recent weeks, both Fabio Quagliarella and Alessandro Matri might find themselves as Premier League rivals next season.
According to Football Italia (h/t Yahoo!), Matri is drawing the interest of Everton while West Ham and Norwich City are said to be the parties hoping to lure Quag away from his Serie A surroundings.
The duo will certainly have a more difficult time figuring for the club this season after Antonio Conte sealed the signings of Llorente and Tevez, both of whom are likely to start.
In terms of Matri and Quagliarella’s sales, the fees being associated with the pair are €12 million and €10 million, respectively.
Last term, the pair made just 23 Serie A starting appearances between them, with that number only likely to diminish in the near future.
(Last Update: July 31)
Despite wrapping up the signatures of Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper already, Norwich manager Chris Hughton has remained coy regarding his side's interest in Quagliarella, per BBC Sport.
The Canaries boss is quoted as saying:
"That is a story I have seen and heard. But it was exactly the same with our work with Gary. Most were aware there was an interest. Until there was something official to say then we didn't say it.
From our side we did our work in the correct way [for Hooper], which is very much behind the scenes. The fact that some players are being linked with us is in some ways a good thing, because it means we are trying to be proactive and trying to improve.
"
Just where that leaves the Norfolk side on their bid for Quagliarella's services is anyone's guess, but Hughton far from rules out an offer, that's for sure.
Chiellini Subject of Real Interest
2 of 4Arguably the most consistent player in Juventus’ success over the last two terms, Giorgio Chiellini’s talents finally look to have sparked the interest of other European giants.
According to talkSPORT, the Italian international is a target for Real Madrid and Carlo Ancelotti is preparing a £17 million offer for the centre-back.
Gazzetta dello Sport (report in Italian) have backed up the claims, supporting the idea that a €22 million bid is soon to be launched for the star defender.
Given the current market, it’s unlikely Juventus will want to sell one of their star players for that sum and the 28-year-old should draw a higher fee.
Zuniga Hunt Rages On
3 of 4In Juventus’ ongoing search for a new left-sided utility, it seems Napoli’s Juan Zuniga has taken the fore as primary target for the club.
Recent weeks have seen speculation rise between the two parties as they look closer to reaching an agreement.
El Mundo Deportivo (h/t Eurosport) are reporting that this weekend saw Juve’s €5.5 million offer for the 27-year-old rejected by the Azzurri.
The report goes on to allege that Napoli are looking for a sum closer to €10 million, but doesn’t say whether or not Conte’s side are willing to pay such a fee.
However, with just a year remaining on Zuniga’s contract and the player so far rejecting any offers for an extension, Rafa Benitez may finally decide to cash in on his services.
Juve Clashing with Gala over Manchester City Star
4 of 4After falling down the pecking order at Manchester City, Aleksandar Kolarov is now being targeted by some of Europe’s giants, with Juventus allegedly at the front of the queue.
Paul Hetherington of the Daily Star says that Galatasaray and Juve are the pair currently battling for the Serbian’s services, and each side have already launched bids.
While Gala’s bid was worth £4 million, Conte has submitted a temporary deal worth £1.5 million which would see Kolarov spend the 2013-14 season in Turin.
Hetherington goes on to note that City might be willing to settle for a figure of £5 million.




.jpg)

.png)





.jpg)
