Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain
Last season ended in disappointment for Borussia Dortmund, but Jurgen Klopp and company aren't taking it sitting down. Instead, the UEFA Champions League runners-up are reloading for another run at silverware.
After losing both the Champions League final and playmaker Mario Gotze to Bayern Munich at the end of last season, Dortmund have dipped into the transfer market again to sign attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk.
That story leads this Tuesday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip. Inside we also have the latest on Luis Suarez, Gonzalo Higuain, Stevan Jovetic and more.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Seals Borussia Dortmund Move
1 of 6Shakhtar Donetsk and Borussia Dortmund have confirmed the transfer of Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar to Dortmund.
Per Shakhtar.com, the transfer fee is €27.5 million. Mkhitaryan scored 44 goals in 106 appearances, according to the club's statistics.
Per BVB.de, Mkhitaryan has signed a contract through June 2017.
"We are delighted that we got a fantastic new signing for the attacking midfield role in Henrikh Mkhitaryan," said BVB sporting director Michael Zorc.
Luis Suarez Latest
2 of 6The agent of Liverpool striker Luis Suarez says Suarez still wants to leave Liverpool, per BBC Sport's Phil McNulty.
Agent Pere Guardiola held talks with Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers and managing director Ian Ayre, per the report. At the meeting, Guardiola reiterated Suarez's desire to play for a Champions League club but did not submit a transfer request; Liverpool's representatives maintained they want to keep Suarez.
Suarez, 26, scored 23 goals in 33 Premier League appearances last season but has been linked with a move away from Liverpool. The club recently rejected a £30 million offer from Arsenal, per The Telegraph.
Gonzalo Higuain Latest
3 of 6In an interview with Univision (h/t ESPN), Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has said that Arsenal have not submitted a bid for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain.
Higuain, 25, has been linked heavily with a move to Arsenal this summer. The Guardian reported last week that a £23 million transfer was imminent.
Perez, however, said Real and new manager Carlo Ancelotti do not want Higuain to leave.
“We don't want Higuain to leave,” Perez said. “What's more no-one from Arsenal has come to us and made us any offers at all for him. There are no offers on the table.”
Elsewhere in the interview, Perez said Cristiano Ronaldo will retire a Real Madrid player.
Manchester City Chase Stevan Jovetic
4 of 6Manchester City are increasing their interest in Fiorentina forward Stevan Jovetic, according to The Sun.
Jovetic, 23, scored 13 goals in 31 Serie A appearances last season. Fiorentina value the Montenegro international at €30 million and have said they will accept no less for a transfer, per Goal.com.
Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal are also interested, per The Sun, but City can afford Jovetic's wage demands of £120,000 per week.
Christian Benteke Submits Transfer Request
5 of 6Aston Villa striker Christian Benteke has submitted a transfer request, per BBC Sport.
Benteke, 22, joined Villa from Genk for £7 million last summer. The Belgium international scored 23 goals in all competitions last season but has not traveled with the squad for preseason training in Germany.
In a statement, Villa said: "He was reminded that there are three years remaining on his contract, we consider him to be a Villa player and expect that he will be with us for the 2013-14 season."
According to The Telegraph, Villa value Benteke at £25 million. Benteke has declined to sign a contract extension that would double his salary. Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly interested.
Quick Kicks
6 of 6Real Madrid have refused to sell defender Pepe to Manchester City, per The Independent.
Everton expect Manchester United to make an improved offer for full-back Leighton Baines, according to The Guardian.
Il Messaggero reports (h/t Football Italia) that AS Roma have agreed to personal terms with PSV midfielder Kevin Strootman but have not matched PSV's valuation of the Dutch international.
Barcelona have bid £30 million for Chelsea defender David Luiz, per the Daily Mail. Chelsea will reportedly refuse the offer.
Schalke's Julian Draxler says he will re-evaluate his future after the new year, per the Daily Star.





.jpg)

.png)




.jpg)

