Summer Transfer Window Gossip
The Sunday newspapers are alive with transfer speculation ahead of the new seasons across Europe.
The transfer rumour mill is clearly thriving as rumours escalate in the wake of clubs returning to preseason training.
Chelsea feature heavily with a number of attacking options reportedly interesting Jose Mourinho for his second spell at Stamford Bridge, while Blues defender David Luiz is also a wanted man.
Mourinho's predecessor Rafael Benitez is also making his move in the transfer market with Napoli, while a Brazil international could be on the way home.
Read on to find out more.
Chelsea
1 of 5Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is determined to add one of Edinson Cavani, Hulk or Robert Lewandowski to his forward line for the new Premier League season, according to Colin Mafham of the Sunday Express.
The article claims Mourinho will allow Demba Ba to leave the club with Anzhi Makhachkala a possible destination for the former Newcastle United forward.
Chelsea face competition from Paris Saint-Germain for Cavani and from Bayern Munich for Lewandowski, reports Mafham, but Brazil international Hulk could be tempted to leave Zenit St Petersburg.
Meanwhile, Chelsea defender David Luiz is still attracting attention, according to the newspapers.
The Brazil international could be lured to Barcelona, reports Jack Wilson of the Daily Star Sunday.
Napoli
2 of 5Napoli manager Rafael Benitez is on the verge of completing a deal to bring winger Jose Maria Callejon to Italy from Real Madrid, reports Marco Ruiz of Diario AS in Spain.
According to the report, Real have agreed a fee of £8.6 million for the 26-year-old, who has also agreed personal terms with the Serie A club.
Benitez is also hoping to bring Brazil goalkeeper Julio Cesar to Naples from Queens Park Rangers, according to Sky Sport Italia (via Football-Italia.net).
The capture of Cesar is designed to help fellow Brazilian keeper Rafael, 23, settle at the club with the Santos man on the verge of joining Napoli, according to Stefan Coerts of Goal.com.
Robinho
3 of 5AC Milan and Brazil star Robinho could be heading back to his home country after the Italian giants lowered their asking price for the player, according to Mark Doyle of Goal.com.
The former Manchester City and Real Madrid star had a loan spell at Santos in January 2010 after his £32.5 million move to the Premier League stalled through injury and a lack of first-team games.
Now, however, the 29-year-old could be poised for a permanent return to Santos after Milan dropped their fee for the player, according to the report.
Robinho joined Milan in the summer of 2010 and helped the team win the Serie A title in his first season at the club.
Thiago Silva
4 of 5Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva appears to be easing himself out of the French club in favour of a move to Barcelona, according to Sergi Font of Marca.
The Brazil international has told friends he wants to leave the Ligue 1 champions and move to the Camp Nou this summer, according to the report.
Earlier this week, the 28-year-old told Globo Esporte (via Paulo Freitas at Sky Sports) he was happy at the Parc des Princes club.
Alvaro Negredo
5 of 5Manchester City are poised to complete the transfer of striker Alvaro Negredo from Sevilla this week, according to Joe Bernstein of the Mail on Sunday.
The 27-year-old Spain international appeared to be on his way to Atletico Madrid but wants to play under new City manager Manuel Pellegrini at the Etihad Stadium.
With City looking for strikers following the departures of Mario Balotelli to AC Milan in January and Carlos Tevez to Juventus this summer, Negredo represents a boost to the squad for the new season.
Negredo was the fourth-highest scorer in La Liga last season with his 25 goals helping Sevilla finish ninth in the table.





.jpg)

.png)






