Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Luis Suarez, Cesc Fabregas, Victor Valdes
In this Friday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup, the biggest names and biggest stories deal with Spain's two biggest clubs.
Liverpool's Luis Suarez continues to flirt with Real Madrid, while Cesc Fabregas and Victor Valdes continue to be linked with moves away from Barcelona. Elsewhere, Jupp Heynckes could be set to switch Bavaria for the Spanish capital.
All those stories and more appear inside. Keep reading for all the details.
Luis Suarez
1 of 6Liverpool striker Luis Suarez is ready to leave the club for a four-year contract offer from Real Madrid worth £140,000 per week, according to the Daily Mail.
Real could bid £25 million for Suarez or £20 million plus forward Jose Callejon.
On Wednesday, Diario AS and others reported that Suarez had told Sport890, a radio station in his native Uruguay, that he would find it "very difficult to say no to Real Madrid."
Suarez, 26, scored 23 goals in 33 Premier League appearances this season, which ended early for him after receiving a 10-match ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic. He joined Liverpool from Ajax in 2011.
Cesc Fabregas
2 of 6Reports linking Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas with a return to England this summer are incorrect, according to Sky Sports' Guillem Balague.
ESPN reported earlier this week that Manchester United had made contact with Barcelona over a potential transfer. The Daily Mail reported that Manchester United and Manchester City would compete for the former Arsenal captain's signature.
According to Balague, however, those reports are inaccurate. Balague told Sky Sports that Fabregas will remain with Barcelona at least another season and that his release clause is €200 million.
"(Cesc) is surprised by the rumours that are so strong in England," he said. "The club has definitely told me this evening that they have got no intention whatsoever of selling him."
Victor Valdes
3 of 6Speaking at a Friday press conference, Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes confirmed he will not sign a contract extension when his current deal expires in 2014. He added that he intends to see out his contract (via ESPN):
"We have a year to work out between me and the club the best solution for both parties. I have a year left and I owe that to the club. My idea is to see that out. Everyone—the club and I—need to find the best solution. I see myself playing in other leagues, and looking for other challenges. (But) I do not feel that tomorrow could be my last game for Barca.
"
Valdes, 31, turned professional with Barcelona in 2002 after coming through the club's youth academy. He has been linked with a move to Monaco this summer by the Express.
Barcelona's season ends on Saturday against Malaga.
Eliaquim Mangala
4 of 6Incoming Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho wants to make Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala his first signing, according to The Sun.
Mourinho, 50, currently manages Real Madrid but is set to leave the club this weekend following Real's final match of the season. Several sources, including The Sun, have linked him with a return to Chelsea, where he previously managed from 2004 to 2007.
Mangala, 22, is a France Under-21 international. He joined Porto from Standard Liege in 2011 and made 23 league appearances this past season.
Chelsea are reportedly unwilling to meet the £30 million buyout clause in Mangala's contract.
Jupp Heynckes
5 of 6In an interview on Russian television, Bayern Munich midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk has said outgoing Bayern manager Jupp Heynckes will almost certainly manage Real Madrid next season (via Daily Mirror).
Heynckes, 68, managed Real Madrid from 1997-98 and was sacked after leading the club to the UEFA Champions League title. This season, he has led Bayern to the Bundesliga and Champions League titles, with the German Cup final still to be played this weekend.
Current Real manager Jose Mourinho is set to leave the club after the final game of this season. Carlo Ancelotti had been the favorite to replace Mourinho, according to multiple reports, including this one from the BBC, but PSG owner Nasser al-Khelaifi said the deal was "not possible."
"I'm not 100 percent sure, but there is 95-98 percent chance of Real appointing Heynckes," said Tymoshchuk.
Quick Kicks
6 of 6Barcelona have declined to renew the contract of defender Eric Abidal (pictured), who recovered from a liver transplant to rejoin the team this season. According to quotes reported in The Guardian, Abidal, 33, said he wanted to continue playing with Barca.
Chelsea defender David Luiz has played down reports linking him with Barcelona in an interview with the Daily Star (via Sky Sports).
Gervinho has denied rumors linking him with a move away from Arsenal this summer, according to quotes reported by Sky Sports.
Ghana winger Christian Atsu says he won't sign a new deal with Porto and adds he wants a move to the Premier League, according to quotes given to Sky Sports. Arsenal and Liverpool are thought to be interested, per Goal.com.






.jpg)







