Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale, Thiago Silva
The world of summer transfers, gossip and speculation spins along the axis of Madrid. At least, it does today.
In this Thursday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup, we learn that Luis Suarez would have a hard time turning down Real Madrid. Meanwhile, Real remain interested in Gareth Bale but reportedly have their sights set on others as well.
All that and more inside. Keep reading for all the details.
Luis Suarez
1 of 6Liverpool striker Luis Suarez sparked rumors of a move to Real Madrid with comments made in a radio interview in his native Uruguay on Wednesday.
Speaking to Sport 890 (cited by AS), Suarez said: “I have a contract with Liverpool, but it would be very difficult to say no to Real Madrid.”
Suarez also said his treatment by the English press has been difficult to accept.
The 26-year-old signed a "long-term" contract with Liverpool last August (via LiverpoolFC.com), saying at the time he was "so happy" on and off the pitch (via The Guardian). He joined Liverpool from Ajax in 2011 and scored 23 goals in 33 Premier League appearances this past season.
According to Marca, Liverpool and Real Madrid have an agreement in place to send Suarez to the Spanish capital. The deal, which is not finalized, would run four years and give Suarez higher wages. The report also says Suarez's current contract has a £40 million release clause.
Suarez's agent, meanwhile, has told Sky Sports that Suarez has no plans to leave Liverpool this summer.
Finally, the Daily Telegraph is reporting that Liverpool have signed Spanish forward Iago Aspas, 25, from Celta Vigo.
Gareth Bale
2 of 6Speaking to Spanish radio station COPE on Wednesday, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has been quoted as saying Gareth Bale "was born to play for Real Madrid" (via ESPN).
Bale, 23, has been linked heavily with a move from Tottenham Hotspur to the Santiago Bernabeu. The Welsh international scored 21 goals in 33 Premier League appearances this past season and earned PFA and FWA Player of the Year honors.
Perez said: "He is a very good player who plays at Tottenham, a team we must respect. He is magnificent and was born to play for Real Madrid."
In the interview, Perez also expressed interest in Liverpool's Luis Suarez, Borussia Dortmund's Robert Lewandowski and Napoli's Edinson Cavani.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror is reporting that Bale is an £80 million target for Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.
Carlos Tevez, Angel Di Maria
3 of 6Real Madrid are interested in signing Manchester City forward Carlos Tevez, according to Marca.
Tevez, 29, would be a replacement for Gonzalo Higuain, who is expected to leave Real Madrid this summer. Tevez has one year left on his contract and earns about €10 million per season.
Real Madrid defender Pepe or winger Angel Di Maria could be included as part-exchange in a potential deal.
A Bola previously reported that Di Maria was the subject of a €25 million bid from Paris Saint-Germain (via AS).
Thiago Silva
4 of 6The agent of Paris Saint-Germain defender Thiago Silva has told L'Equipe (via Goal.com) that Silva is not leaving PSG for Barcelona this summer.
Silva, 28, joined PSG from AC Milan last summer and made 22 Ligue 1 appearances for the French champions. The Brazil international center-back has been linked with Barcelona (per Goal.com), but agent Paulo Tonietto downplayed the reports.
"He signed a contract here just one year ago and it is out of the question that he leaves," Tonietto said. "That's all there is to it."
Jose Mourinho
5 of 6Jose Mourinho on Tuesday signed a four-year, £40 million deal to become Chelsea's next manager, according to an exclusive report by The Sun.
Mourinho, 50, managed Chelsea from 2004 to 2007, winning Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006. He has won the UEFA Champions League with Porto and Inter Milan. He currently manages Real Madrid but is set to leave the club following their last match of the season.
The Sun cites a Chelsea source who said:
"It’s official—Jose is a Chelsea man again! Everyone is delighted he’s coming back—the club, the players and the fans. We are already looking forward to next season—we are sure it’s going to be very exciting.
"
Quick Kicks
6 of 6Monaco sporting director Vadim Vasilyev has told L'Equipe that Radamel Falcao's new contract will not include a buyout clause (via ESPN).
Atletico Madrid will target Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke as a replacement for Falcao, according to The Sun.
Juventus will offer Fiorentina €18 million plus Luca Marrone for forward Stevan Jovetic, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport (via Football Italia).
New Napoli manager Rafa Benitez, who managed Chelsea to the Europa League title this spring, wants to bring Chelsea defender David Luiz with him to Italy, according to the Daily Express.
But the Daily Star reports that Luiz wants "showdown talks" with Jose Mourinho amid interest from Barcelona. Mourinho reportedly does not rate Luiz as a defender.






.jpg)







