Summer Transfer Window Gossip: Edinson Cavani, Mats Hummels, Radamel Falcao
Edinson Cavani's stay in Napoli is apparently coming to a close, with the Serie A runners-up reportedly opening discussions over his sale this summer.
Which lucky club is in pole position for Cavani's signature?
That story leads this Tuesday edition of the B/R Summer Transfer Window Gossip roundup. Inside we also have updates on Mats Hummels, Radamel Falcao, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and more.
Keep reading for all the details.
Edinson Cavani, Edin Dzeko
1 of 6Napoli have begun talks with Manchester City over the sale of Uruguayan international striker Edinson Cavani, according to Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis (told to La Gazzetta dello Sport via Daily Mirror).
Cavani, 26, scored 29 goals in 34 Serie A appearances this season. He joined Napoli from Palermo in 2010.
Cavani's contract reportedly has a release clause of €63 million, but both clubs are open to including Man City striker Edin Dzeko in a potential deal.
De Laurentiis said, "While I was taking care of cinema business, I said to (sporting director Alberto) Bigon to go to Manchester City to negotiate over Dzeko and Cavani. They talk a lot but when it comes to dealing with money, they are less forthcoming."
Mats Hummels
2 of 6Speaking to Kicker via Deutsche Welle, Borussia Dortmund defender Mats Hummels has denied speculation linking him with a transfer to Barcelona.
"There was never any contact. Neither with Barcelona nor with any other team," Hummels said.
He added, "I don't really see it as my job to deny the rumors that other people make up. If at some point there's something to these things, then I will say so. And when I now say that these speculations are baseless, that should be enough."
Hummels, 24, made 28 Bundesliga appearances this season for Borussia Dortmund.
Radamel Falcao
3 of 6Speaking to AS via ESPN FC, Atletico Madrid chief executive Miguel Angel Gil Marin says the club will support Colombian striker Radamel Falcao no matter what he decides to do this summer.
Falcao, 27, has scored 28 goals in 33 La Liga appearances this season, helping Atletico qualify for the Champions League and win the Copa del Rey. He has been linked with several clubs, including this report from Sky Sports that French club Monaco are close to signing him.
Gil Marin said, "Before the start of the season we spoke with Falcao and promised him that if he kept up the same performances and helped us to qualify for the Champions League, Atletico would help him. Whatever decisions he makes, Atletico will be with him."
Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva
4 of 6Striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic and defender Thiago Silva will remain with Paris Saint-Germain this summer even if manager Carlo Ancelotti joins Real Madrid, according to the club's sporting director Leonardo in an interview with L'Equipe via Goal.com.
Ibrahimovic and Silva joined PSG last summer from AC Milan. Ancelotti joined PSG in 2011 and has been linked with a move to Real Madrid by BBC Sport, among others.
"Neither Ibrahimovic, nor Thiago Silva will leave the club if Ancelotti moves on," Leonardo told L'Equipe.
Wayne Rooney
5 of 6Incoming Manchester United manager David Moyes wants to keep Wayne Rooney at the club and will try to convince the England international forward to stay, according to The Guardian.
Rooney, 27, scored 12 goals in 27 Premier League appearances this season. Retiring Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed late in the season that Rooney had submitted a transfer request in an interview with Sky Sports.
Moyes, 50, will officially take over as United's manager on July 1 but has already begun working with the club. He previously managed Everton since 2002 and gave a teenaged Rooney his first-team debut the same year with the Toffees.
According to the Guardian report, United value Rooney at £40 million.
Quick Kicks
6 of 6TalkSPORT reports Juventus have joined Manchester United in the race to sign defender Andrea Ranocchia (pictured) from Inter Milan.
Real Madrid have joined Manchester City in chasing Malaga's Isco, according to talkSPORT.
Lazio president Claudio Lotito has denied they will sell midfielder Hernanes to AC Milan this summer in an interview with Gazzetto Dello Sport via Sky Sports.
Liverpool will move for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure on a free transfer this summer, according to BBC Sport.
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand's advisors have told Sky Sports the defender is close to signing a new contract.
In a report on ESPN FC, Internacional coach Dunga says his club has "made contact" with AC Milan over the potential signing of Brazilian forward Robinho.






.jpg)







