World Football Gossip Roundup: Isco, Wayne Rooney, Edinson Cavani, Frank Lampard
With Roberto Mancini out of the picture at Manchester City, the way is clear for runaway favorite Manuel Pellegrini to take over.
Nothing is official yet, but the rumor mill is already pumping out stories about both Pellegrini and the players he will bring with him to the Etihad Stadium.
One of those players, according to the latest reports, is Isco, who plays for Pellegrini's current team. That story leads this Wednesday edition of the B/R World Football Gossip Roundup, which also includes updates on Edinson Cavani, Wayne Rooney and more.
Keep reading for all the details.
Manuel Pellegrini, Isco
1 of 6Manuel Pellegrini will bring attacking midfielder Isco with him from Malaga to Manchester City if he is hired by City, according to Metro.
Pellegrini, 59, is widely expected to succeed Roberto Mancini as City's manager after the club sacked Mancini earlier this week.
Isco, 21, has scored eight goals in 35 La Liga appearances this season. His contract reportedly includes a £27 million buyout clause.
Meanwhile, the Daily Mail reports that Argentine striker Sergio Aguero wants to leave Manchester City.
Wayne Rooney
2 of 6Bayern Munich sporting director Matthias Sammer says the club is not interested in signing Manchester United's Wayne Rooney (via The Guardian).
Rooney, a 27-year-old England international forward, recently requested a transfer away from United and has been linked with Bayern, along with several other clubs.
Sammer said:
"I don't know what Rooney would bring to the Bundesliga. I can't answer that. I can answer that we have great respect for Wayne Rooney, but there has been no contact with him. There is no contact and he's not on the agenda. No, no. Absolutely not.
"
The Times, meanwhile, is reporting (subscription required) that Rooney now wants to stay with United.
Pepe Reina, Cristian Tello
3 of 6Liverpool want Barcelona's Cristian Tello in part-exchange for goalkeeper Pepe Reina, according to the Daily Mirror.
Reina, 30, has been linked with a return to Barcelona, where he started his professional career. Barca are reportedly willing to pay £10 million.
Tello, 21, has scored seven goals in 20 La Liga appearances this season (12 as a starter). His contract reportedly has a release clause around £8.5 million.
Edinson Cavani
4 of 6Chelsea and Manchester City will compete over the signing of Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani from Napoli, according to The Sun.
Cavani, 26, has scored 28 times in 33 Serie A appearances this season. His contract reportedly has a buyout clause of £52 million, and Napoli are apparently unwilling to accept less for any transfer.
Frank Lampard
5 of 6Frank Lampard and Chelsea have agreed to a new one-year deal to keep the veteran midfielder at the club, according to The Telegraph.
Lampard, 34, recently became Chelsea's all-time leading goalscorer. His current contract expires at the end of the season, and Chelsea had previously said he would not receive another deal.
The Telegraph speculates that Lampard's new deal is another sign Jose Mourinho will return to manage Chelsea again.
Lampard had been linked with a move to Major League Soccer.
Quick Kicks
6 of 6QPR striker Loic Remy (pictured) reportedly has been arrested on suspicion of rape (via Fox Sports).
Inter Milan are interested in Sevilla forward Alvaro Negredo, whom Tottenham Hotspur would also like to pursue (via talkSPORT).
Inter and Napoli are interested in Manchester City defender Micah Richards (via ESPN FC).
Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye has dismissed speculation linking him with a move to Paris Saint-Germain (via ESPN FC).
Atletico Madrid have moved for Catania's attacking midfielder Alejandro "Papu" Gomez (via ESPN FC).
Inter and AC Milan have made offers for Catania midfielder Francesco Lodi (TuttoJuve.com via Football Italia).
Borussia Dortmund are interested in Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke, according to the player's agent (via Goal.com).






.jpg)







