There were many people who believed that Matt Wieters would step foot onto a Triple-A diamond and simply perform, almost like it was his right. Yes, he has played in just five games at Triple-A, but I’m curious what everyone here is thinking about his start. He’s had 18 AB and is hitting just .222. He has also yet to drive in or score a run. Let’s take a look at some of the positives and negatives:
- He has hits in each of his past three games (4-11 over that span)
- He has walked in all but one game
- His OBP is .364
- He has not yet had an extra base hit
- The lack of run production
- He has struck out at least once in each game
- He’s 0-4 with runners in scoring position and 2-11 with men on base
Remember, last season between Single & Double-A he hit .355 with 27 HR, 91 RBI and 89 R.
It’s an extremely small sample size. We all know that. We cannot base any conclusions on those numbers, but what are you thinking? If you are an owner of Wieters, are you nervous that his major league debut may now be delayed?
What do you have to say?
THIS ARTICLE IS ALSO FEATURED ON WWW.ROTOPROFESSOR.COM