Fabrice Muamba Injury: Bolton Star Collapses on Pitch, Rushed to Hospital
Bolton's Fabrice Muamba collapsed in a match against Tottenham and things are looking grim for the midfielder.
Muamba was on the pitch, but was not near another player when he collapsed. The game was nearly immediately halted as medical professionals rushed to attend to Muamba and players stood motionless and hopeful.
In what sent the atmosphere of the scene to even darker levels, the medical staff appeared to do CPR on the collapsed player.
TOP NEWS

Madrid Fines Players $590K 😲

'Mbappé Out' Petition Gaining Steam 😳

Star-Studded World Cup Ad 🤩
Update: Saturday, March 17 at 5:45 p.m. ET
The reported condition of Muamba has him taking a turn for the worse. Recent updates have him in "critically ill condition."
This comes not long after reports were he was in "stable condition." The Bolton Wanders Football Club official website released this report:
"Bolton Wanderers can confirm that Fabrice Muamba has been admitted to the Heart Attack Centre at the London Chest Hospital where he is currently in a critically ill condition in intensive care.
"
While it is being reported that he is in the Heart Attack Centre, they stopped short of saying that he suffered a heart attack.
Update: Saturday, March 17 at 4:40 p.m. ET
Football Association Chairman David Bernstein issued this statement, which comes to us via TheFA.com, on Muamba, who is now listed in stable condition:
"On behalf of The FA, I would like to send our thoughts and prayers to Fabrice Muamba and his family this evening.
"
Fabrice has played 33 times for England Under-21s, captaining Stuart Pearce's side during this time and is a player, and more importantly, a person we care greatly for.
We are in contact with Bolton Wanderers over Fabrice's condition and are awaiting updates.
Update: Saturday, March 17 at 4:20 p.m. ET
Good news on the condition of Muamba! Sky Sports relays:
"Bolton's Fabrice Muamba in a 'stable condition' after collapse at Tottenham, according to hospital statement. We'll bring you more shortly.
— Sky Sports (@SkySports) March 17, 2012"
Please stay tuned as we'll bring you more updates as they become available.
Update: Saturday, March 17 at 3:40 p.m. ET
Times Sport reported the following:
"Gary Jacob, who was at White Hart Lane, says Bolton manager Owen Coyle and Kevin Davies, the club captain, accompanied Muamba to hospital
— Times Sport (@TimesSport) March 17, 2012"
Tottenham Live relayed this news that points to how serious his condition is.
"ESPN reporter in the White Hart Lane tunnel says Fabrice Muamba was not breathingwhen the Bolton midfielder was carried past him.
— Tottenham Live! (@TottenhamLIVE) March 17, 2012"
Fox Soccer Trax had this report:
"I regret to inform you that we have now been told that Muamba is fighting for his life per the BBC.
— FOX Soccer Trax (@FOXSoccerTrax) March 17, 2012"
Grantland's Bill Barnwell relayed this update from the team.
"Brief Bolton statement says Muamba was taken to hospital and that there's no further information at this stage.
— Bill Barnwell (@billbarnwell) March 17, 2012"
In what now seems completely trivial, the match has been abandoned, and those involved turn their energy towards hoping and praying for the recovery of their fallen peer.
The Zaire born Muamba is just 23 years old. He has previously played for Arsenal and Birmingham City. He was also represented England at the U-21 level.



.jpg)







