NFLNBAMLBNHLWNBASoccerGolf
Featured Video
🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - APRIL 30: Saul Canelo Alvarez speaks to the media during the ceremonial grand arrivals for the Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia grand arrivals at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on April 30, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Photo by Cris Esqueda/Golden Boy/Getty Images)
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - APRIL 30: Saul Canelo Alvarez speaks to the media during the ceremonial grand arrivals for the Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia grand arrivals at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino on April 30, 2024 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Cris Esqueda/Golden Boy/Getty Images)Cris Esqueda/Golden Boy/Getty Images

Video: Canelo Álvarez Blasts 'F--king Assh--e' Oscar De La Hoya at Press Conference

Doric SamMay 1, 2024

Ahead of his fight on Saturday against Golden Boy Promotions' Jaime Munguia, super middleweight champion Canelo Álvarez took aim at his opponent's promoter, Oscar De La Hoya.

"He's a f--king assh--e. That's what I say. He's a f--king assh--e. He tries to get attention for him, not Munguia. He's a f--king assh--e. He steals [from his] fighters. F--king p---y. Motherf--ker," Álvarez said of De La Hoya during a pre-fight press conference on Wednesday (h/t TMZ).

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football

Álvarez was previously promoted by De La Hoya under the Golden Boy banner for the majority of his career. He was released from his deal with the promotion in November 2020 after filing a lawsuit for breach of contract.

The outburst by Álvarez didn't come out of nowhere. Prior to his tirade, De La Hoya declared Golden Boy responsible for the 33-year-old's success.

"There were times my work wasn't my priority based on my mental health which I neglected for so long but that doesn't change the fact that Golden Boy built Canelo Álvarez, period," De La Hoya said, adding, "The company you fought under for decades has always had one name and it's mine so put some f--king respect on it."

Saturday's fight presents a dangerous matchup for Álvarez (60-2-2, 39 KOs). Munguia has an undefeated record of 43-0 with 34 knockouts. The 27-year-old is one of the fastest-rising stars in boxing and is coming off a ninth-round TKO victory over John Ryder in January.

After falling to Dmitry Bivol two years ago in his attempt to move up a weight class and win the WBA light heavyweight title, Álvarez had rattled off three straight wins. He most recently defended his undisputed super middleweight title against Jermell Charlo with a unanimous decision win in September.

🚨 Mitchell Headed to 1st Conference Finals

TOP NEWS

Fox's "Special Forces" Red Carpet
Colts Jaguars Football
With Jayson Tatum sidelined, Celtics' fourth-quarter comeback falls short in Game 7 loss to 76ers
DENVER NUGGETS VS GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, NBA

TRENDING ON B/R