May 16, 2008
April 8, 2008
April 8, 2008
April 7, 2008
Jared Reback graduated from Wake Forest University in spring of 2007 with a degree in Communication with a minor in Political Science. In his time at Wake, he did extensive work for the campus television station WakeTV, including hosting a live call-in sports show weekly. He also did work with the men's basketball team doing video editing.
As an avid college football fan he watches as many games as possible every week. He is also a big fan of the NHL, soccer, tennis, college basketball, and the NFL.
In the interest of full-disclosure, these are Jared's favorite teams:
College Sports: Wake Forest
NHL: New York Rangers
NFL: New York Giants
NBA: New York Knicks
EPL: Newcastle United
MLS: New England Revolution/Red Bull NY
Five current sports-related reading that Jared recommends are:
1. Bowls, Polls, and Tattered Souls by Stewart Mandel- a great read for any college football fan about the hotbed issues that consume college football fans
2. Love and Blood by Jamie Trecker- an amazing look at the World Cup in Germany from an American journalist's perspective
3. Meat Market by Bruce Feldman- a great look at recruiting in the SEC
4. Between the Lines by Ray Scampinello- a must-read for any hockey fan filled with hilarious anecdotes from the NHL from one of the finest officials the NHL has ever had
5. The GM by Tom Callahan- a look at Ernie Accorsi's final season as the GM of the New York Giants and an outstanding look at how he got there
Here are this week's results...
Thanks for voting!
I hope you've been enjoying the new and improved Bleacher Report—we're really happy with the feedback we've received so far.
Just thought I'd let you know that next week we'll be launching the site to the world with some public announcements, and thus it'd be great to get a contribution from you between now and Tuesday to make Bleacher Report's launch a success.
Let me know if you need any help with ideas or have questions. Have a great weekend Jared!
To quote La'Ron Mclain from NBC's Sunday Night Football during player introductions:
"La'Ron Mclain...THE...University of Alabama"
I laughed and thought of your article.
I like the "Low Five" idea...you should make it a weekly column. Maybe not always on trends or traditions, but basically anything.
Your comment in the Florida-Georgia article was the most hilarious collection of words I have ever seen on this site. Keep up the good work mate!