"Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been."
-- Jimmy Buffett
People are shocked when they find out I actually like watching sports. I'm the biggest girly-girl in the world. I'm NOT athletic. I preferred faking sick to get out of gym or recess so I could read instead.
However, I was born and raised to love the Dallas Cowboys and the Dallas Mavericks, and I always will.
In college, I became a HUGE Mustangs football fan, despite our numerous losses. (If you didn't see "Pony Express" which was part of ESPN's 30 of 30, you should watch it. AMAZING documentary about the history of Mustangs football and the death penalty.) I wasn't a fair-weather fan and stuck by my team... and now we're improving more each and every year, thanks to the guidance of June Jones. I graduated two years ago, and still watch every game. The days of the death penalty are over, and I'm eager to see what we'll accomplish in 2011. I truly believe one day we'll be back on top... I just hope I'm not gray by that time.
Dirk will probably always be my favorite player of any sport, and I root for nobody as much as I root for him.
When I'm a fan of something, I'm a FAN. And like any good Texan, my teams are my religion.
- I’m an SMU grad with BAs in Psychology and English with a Creative Writing Specialization and a Minor in Women's Studies.
- I wish I was Cinderella.
- I'm an aspiring poet, and recently started writing fiction.
- I'm an avid reader.
- I think Walt Disney World is the most magical place on earth.
- I'm obsessed with music; it's my driving force in life.
- My motto is "What would Jimmy Buffett do?"
- I believe in happy endings. Always. (VALIDATION: 2011 NBA Finals.)
- Books: The Great Gatsby is and will always be my favorite book of all time. Second in line is Slaughter-House Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
- Poets: Charles Bukowski, Frank O'Hara, e.e. cummings.
- Music: All-time… The Beatles, Hanson, Jimmy Buffett. Current… Bon Iver, Susie Suh, The National, The Open Sea.
- Song: Jeff Buckley's cover of "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen. I own over 60 covers of "Hallelujah" and find it the most hauntingly beautiful song ever.
- TV Shows: LOST!!!
- Movies: Cinderella, It's a Wonderful Life, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Anchorman, and A Beautiful Mind.
- Others: TEXAS, summer, tailgating, theme parties, daisies, pink, great scotch, catching fireflies, big porches, hammocks, Shiner Bock, long drives, epic songs, Lilly Pulitzer, cats, Dr Pepper, the paranormal, sci-fi, and always aspiring to be more like Jimmy Buffett.