2014 FIFA World Cup: Brazil, Special Bio Edition
- Best matches (2nd Stage, Knockouts):
• Brazil vs Germany, Semi-Finals (1-7)
• Brazil vs Colombia, Quarter-Finals (2-1)
• Costa Rica vs Greece, Round of 16 (1-1, 5-3 on PK's)
• Germany vs Algeria, Round of 16 (0-0, 2-1 in extra time)
• Belgium vs USA, Round of 16 (0-0, 2-1 in extra time)
- Best Goals (2nd Stage, Knockouts):
1 • James Rodriguez (Colombia) 1st goal vs Uruguay (Round of 16)
2 • David Luiz (Brazil) vs Colombia (Quarter-Finals)
3 • Schurrle (Germany) 2nd goal vs Brazil (Semi-Finals)
4 • Sneijder (Netherlands) vs Mexico (Round of 16)
- Top 10 matches (Group Stage):
• Greece vs Ivory Coast, Group C (2-1)
• Spain vs Netherlands, Group B (1-5)
• England vs Italy, Group D (1-2)
• Germany vs Ghana, Group G (2-2)
• Switzerland vs France, Group E (2-5)
• Uruguay vs England, Group D (2-1)
• Uruguay vs Costa Rica, Group D (1-3)
• Spain vs Chile, Group B (0-2)
• Australia vs Netherlands, Group B (2-3)
• Belgium vs Algeria, Group H (2-1)
- Top 10 Goals (Group Stage):
1 • RVP (Netherlands) 1st goal vs Spain (Group B)
2 • Oscar (Brazil) vs Croatia (Group A)
3 • Cahill (Australia) vs Netherlands (Group B)
4 • Messi (Argentina) vs Iran (Group F)
5 • Dzemaili (Switzerland) vs France (Group E)
6 • Muller (Germany) vs USA (Group G)
7 • Dempsey (USA) vs Ghana (Group G)
8 • Marchisio (Italy) vs England (Group D)
9 • Messi (Argentina) vs Bosnia and Herzegovina (Group F)
10 • Fellaini (Belgium) vs Algeria (Group H)
Most stupid moments:
1 • Song's sent-off (Cameroon) vs Croatia (Group Stage, Group A)
2 • Maxi Pereira gets himself sent off seconds before the end of the match (Uruguay) vs Costa Rica (Group Stage, Group D) and while the score was already settled.
3 • Akinfeev's mistake in S. Korea's goal (vs Russia, Group Stage, Group H)
4 • Pepe's suspension (Portugal) vs Germany (Group Stage, Group G)
Bad luck moments:
• Gio Dos Santos scores twice for Mexico vs Cameroon (Group Stage, Group A) with ref disallowing both goals of his even they were legal.
• Benzema's 2nd goal disallowed (what would've been 6-2 for France vs Switzerland) due to ref ending the match just when he scored a fantastic goal (even the clock had not reach 90+3' yet when match ended XD). Almost a buzzer beater of a goal!
Missed chances we wish would turn into a goal:
• Balotelli's lob attempt tied with Pirlo's free kick (Italy) vs England (Group Stage, Group D).
• Benaglio's scissors kick (Switzerland) vs Argentina (Round of 16) in extra time.
• In the match between France and Honduras (Group Stage, Group E) when we saw for the first time goal-line technology feature actually called into action (France's 2nd goal).
Greatest saves/GK performances:
• Ochoa vs Neymar's header (Brazil vs Mexico, Group Stage, Group A)
• Howard's (USA) overall 15 saves vs Belgium (Round of 16)
Fighting Spirit award:
• Alvaro Pereira (Uruguay) vs England (Group Stage, Group D)
• Costa Rica, Chile and Mexico. There were also quite a few teams that made standout performances (for example Ghana and Iran) but not in constant basis for all their 3 Group Stage matches, unlike those 3. Algeria also belongs there as of their gutsy performance vs Germany in Round of 16, proving that they deserved to qualify ahead of Russia after all.
Germany vs Brazil...biggest rape in years XD Germany in the lead 5-0!
Yeah, also going for Germany vs. Netherlands now. Would be amazing to have van Gaal be the World Cup-winning coach coming into the United job.
New review. My review will be very different this time, because I had to write it trough my phone due to different circumstances. No pictures sadly, but I hope you still like it.
Y2J is back BABYY.
Too bad U.S lost :(, Germany is looking pretty strong
Looks like your dream final will remain just that.
What are you're thoughts?
Yes we are one of a kind race brother.
Check this out.
Just me being nitpicky here, but Tim Howard had 16 saves not 15.
Nah, I'm counting on them to knock out Brazil tho. Lol the hometown team is gonna need a lot of help from the refs and the pole of they're gonna beat Columbia and James Rodriguez. I want Netherlands to win it all now.