1. Madison Bumgarner-Johnny Cueto Duo Can Be Best of Giants' Title Era

    It's an even year, San Francisco Giants fans. And that means—well, here's the thing. You want honesty? It means nothing...

    Jacob Shafer Written by Jacob Shafer about 1 month ago 22,729 reads 97 comments

  2. Playing Panic or Patience with MLB's Most Inactive Contenders

    The good news for MLB 's most inactive contenders—like the Kansas City Royals and Los Angeles Dodgers — is that it's not even Christmas yet, which means there's still plenty of time to shop...

    Karl Buscheck Written by Karl Buscheck about 1 month ago 23,243 reads 45 comments

  3. Jason Heyward's St. Louis Comments Add Spice to Simmering Cardinals-Cubs Rivalry

    The reignited rivalry between the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs didn't need any more heat. But Jason Heyward and Mike Matheny went ahead and added some spice anyway. It began at Heyward's introductory press conference on Dec...

    Jacob Shafer Written by Jacob Shafer about 1 month ago 44,230 reads 192 comments

  4. Mike Matheny Responds to Jason Heyward's Comments on Cardinals

    Jason Heyward signed an eight-year, $184 million contract with the Chicago Cubs this offseason after spending 2015 with the St. Louis Cardinals ...

    Mike Norris Written by Mike Norris about 1 month ago 26,718 reads 112 comments

  5. Yu Darvish Injury: Updates on Rangers SP's Recovery from Tommy John Surgery

    Yu Darvish missed the entirety of the 2015 season following Tommy John surgery , and the Texas Rangers starting pitcher could be out of the rotation for another month upon the start of the 2016 campaign...

    Joseph Zucker Written by Joseph Zucker about 1 month ago 10,460 reads 7 comments

  6. Top MLB Prospects Tearing It Up in the 2015 Winter Leagues

    While the attention of the baseball world remains fixated on the never-ending news machine that is the MLB offseason, some well-known prospects are making cases for 2016 roster spots in winter leagues across the Caribbean...

    Luke Strickland Written by Luke Strickland about 1 month ago 148,510 reads 43 comments

  7. MLB Teams That Could Now Be Facing Nightmare Offseason Scenarios

    The Major League Baseball offseason: where teams' wildest dreams come true. Or, their worst nightmares. Sad, but true. The offseason definitely giveth, but it can also taketh away and can play really hard to get...

    Zachary D. Rymer Written by Zachary D. Rymer about 1 month ago 57,751 reads 136 comments

  8. Adam Ottavino and Rockies Agree to New Contract: Latest Details and Reaction

    According to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman , the Colorado Rockies have agreed to a three-year extension worth $10.4 million with reliever Adam Ottavino on Saturday...

    Joe Pantorno Written by Joe Pantorno about 1 month ago 2,653 reads 3 comments

  9. Yasiel Puig Misidentified in Video of Alleged Bar Fight

    Yasiel Puig 's lawyer denied a video released on Saturday was his client taking part in a bar fight on the eve of Thanksgiving in Miami, according to CBS Sports' Jon Heyman ...

    Alec Nathan Written by Alec Nathan about 1 month ago 148,528 reads 137 comments

  10. MLB Teams That Can Still Make Late Charge as Offseason Winners

    There are always winners and losers in every aspect of life. The 2015 MLB offseason has been no different...

    Luke Strickland Written by Luke Strickland about 1 month ago 20,041 reads 23 comments

  11. Key Takeaways from Week 6 of MLB Hot Stove Chatter

    We are a week removed from the Major League Baseball winter meetings, but the action has cooled only slightly...

    Anthony Witrado Written by Anthony Witrado about 1 month ago 17,635 reads 22 comments

  12. If Alex Gordon Walks Away, Will Royals Have Enough to Sustain Their Amazing Run?

    First the good news, Royals fans: Kansas City made an offer to free-agent left fielder Alex Gordon , a key piece of their championship puzzle. The bad news? Gordon basically spit on it...

    Jacob Shafer Written by Jacob Shafer about 1 month ago 15,309 reads 46 comments

  13. Hisashi Iwakuma's Surprise Return Caps Mariners' Surge Back to AL West Relevance

    For a time, it looked like the Seattle Mariners had lost Hisashi Iwakuma. During that time, they had the look of a solid yet flawed team. But then Iwakuma fell back into their laps...

    Zachary D. Rymer Written by Zachary D. Rymer about 1 month ago 19,639 reads 50 comments

  14. Mike Aviles to Tigers: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction

    Following a three-year stint with the Cleveland Indians , Mike Aviles is headed to the Detroit Tigers on a one-year deal, the team announced . ESPN's Buster Olney initially reported the deal...

    Alec Nathan Written by Alec Nathan about 1 month ago 9,686 reads 15 comments

  15. Nationals Star Bryce Harper Joins '500 Club' with Impressive Deadlift

    Anybody who has watched Washington Nationals outfielder Bryce Harper in his first four years in the majors knows he has incredible strength...

    Kyle Newport Written by Kyle Newport about 1 month ago 46,131 reads 59 comments

  16. Ryan Vogelsong to Pirates: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

    Ryan Vogelsong is returning to Bucco Nation. On Friday, the Pittsburgh Pirates announced they reached a one-year agreement with the veteran right-handed pitcher, who played ...

    Daniel Kramer Written by Daniel Kramer about 1 month ago 16,279 reads 62 comments

  17. Henderson Alvarez to Athletics: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction

    Former Miami Marlins pitcher Henderson Alvarez signed a one-year contract with the Oakland A's worth approximately $4 million with "big incentives," according to Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan ...

    Mike Norris Written by Mike Norris about 1 month ago 13,409 reads 33 comments

  18. Matt Bush to Rangers: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

    Former No. 1 overall pick Matt Bush has been afforded a shot at redemption by the Texas Rangers. According to the Dallas Morning News ' Evan Grant , the Rangers signed the right-handed ...

    Alec Nathan Written by Alec Nathan about 1 month ago 24,391 reads 18 comments

  19. Yovani Gallardo: Latest News, Rumors, Speculation Surrounding Free-Agent SP

    Unrestricted free-agent starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo is continuing to garner interest on the MLB market this offseason. Continue for updates. Orioles Pursuing Gallardo Thursday, Feb...

    Joe Pantorno Written by Joe Pantorno about 1 month ago 65,624 reads 61 comments

  20. Nate Jones, White Sox Agree to New Contract: Details, Comments, and Reaction

    The Chicago White Sox signed right-handed pitcher Nate Jones to a three-year, $8 million extension Friday, according to ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick . By inking the new deal, Jones will forego his final two years of arbitration eligibility...

    Alec Nathan Written by Alec Nathan about 1 month ago 2,386 reads 7 comments

  21. Colby Lewis Re-Signs with Rangers: Latest Contract Details, Comments, Reaction

    The Texas Rangers and veteran starting pitcher Colby Lewis reportedly reached an agreement on a one-year, $6 million deal late Thursday...

    Tim Daniels Written by Tim Daniels about 1 month ago 2,130 reads 7 comments

  22. Predicting Boom or Bust for Each Big 2015-16 MLB Offseason Move to Date

    Every blockbuster trade and free-agent signing during the offseason is made with a high level of confidence that everything will play out according to plan. As we know, though, that's not always the case...

    Joel Reuter Written by Joel Reuter about 1 month ago 108,720 reads 201 comments

  23. George Springer Should Be Untouchable in Astros' Trade Plans

    The term “untouchable” is always relative, and the parameters of it depend on the organization and front office that hold said player who might be off limits in trade discussions...

    Anthony Witrado Written by Anthony Witrado about 1 month ago 15,215 reads 36 comments

  24. Why the Boston Red Sox Will Go from Worst to First in 2016

    Strictly going off their last four seasons, the Boston Red Sox have a 25 percent chance of finishing in first place in 2016 and a 75 percent chance of finishing in last place. But in the words of Han Solo, never tell me the odds...

    Zachary D. Rymer Written by Zachary D. Rymer about 1 month ago 35,916 reads 191 comments

  25. Comparing the Braves' Rebuild to the Huge Mets and Cubs Successes

    And now for a message to Atlanta Braves fans who are down in the dumps about the club's rebuild: Don't be afraid to get your hopes up. Just ask any fan of the New York Mets or Chicago Cubs ...

    Zachary D. Rymer Written by Zachary D. Rymer about 1 month ago 19,321 reads 45 comments